Brisbane Meet 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Obviously, given my previous commitments, I'd be in favor of a reschedule but I don't have much to bring to the party (potentially in need of some casing guidance...) so my vote shouldn't count as much as for others.

Brisso57: Did those speakers you had on ebay sell? I was watching them but then forgot about it. I'm wondering if we could come to an arrangement where a fellow northsider who attends the Meet could pick them up for me and I could pick them up off them at a more convenient occasion (with some shipping and handling fees?)...

Greenie512: I recall that I might've sent you an email, however I don't always recall things accurately, so I may be recalling not sending you an email...please confirm.

Josh D

Daveze said:
Obviously, given my previous commitments, I'd be in favor of a reschedule but I don't have much to bring to the party (potentially in need of some casing guidance...) so my vote shouldn't count as much as for others.

Greenie512: I recall that I might've sent you an email, however I don't always recall things accurately, so I may be recalling not sending you an email...please confirm.

Josh D

Josh - think you did but then again?????

ALL - would Saturday (2nd Feb) afternoon be more suitable?

Cheers - Phil

Daveze said:
Brisso57: Did those speakers you had on ebay sell? I was watching them but then forgot about it. I'm wondering if we could come to an arrangement where a fellow northsider who attends the Meet could pick them up for me and I could pick them up off them at a more convenient occasion (with some shipping and handling fees?)...
Josh D

Happy to help if Joyner is a bit closer for you.

I have a wedding on Saturday, I can't remember the exact time but I expect its going to preclude me from attending. The invitation is on the fridge, its just that the fridge is an hour's train ride away.

Phil: Don't you be playing with my mind, its fragile and easily damaged.

Rob: I'm in Narangba, so Joyner is just a wee dash down Scout's Rd. I'll wait for Doug to respond but if you could do me that service it'd be most appreciated. I should be able to drop the money off before the weekend as well.

Waricle: Bribie is close but Joyner is closer again, thanks for the offer though.

Josh D

Daveze said:
I have a wedding on Saturday, I can't remember the exact time but I expect its going to preclude me from attending. The invitation is on the fridge, its just that the fridge is an hour's train ride away.

Phil: Don't you be playing with my mind, its fragile and easily damaged.

Rob: I'm in Narangba, so Joyner is just a wee dash down Scout's Rd. I'll wait for Doug to respond but if you could do me that service it'd be most appreciated. I should be able to drop the money off before the weekend as well.

Waricle: Bribie is close but Joyner is closer again, thanks for the offer though.

Josh D

1. Early Sunday would suit me.

2. I didn't have anything on eBay, but I did point out an interesting cheapie. (Actually, nobody else bid, so I have the drivers. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll bring them along. Have a listen, and if they sound promising, make me an offer. Realistically, I'm not going to get to setting them up any time soon.)

3. I can bring sweets.

ciao for now ...

Doug

Brisso57 said:

1. Early Sunday would suit me.

2. I didn't have anything on eBay, but I did point out an interesting cheapie. (Actually, nobody else bid, so I have the drivers. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll bring them along. Have a listen, and if they sound promising, make me an offer. Realistically, I'm not going to get to setting them up any time soon.)

3. I can bring sweets.

ciao for now ...

Doug

Oh, sorry about that, I had automatically assumed you were the seller. I'm still interested (cheap entry into the OB scene...) but I won't get the opportunity to listen to them at the meet. I'll send you an email this evening, best to keep the thread on track.

I like being organized.
Being organized is good :D

Sorry I had to leave early.
Would've loved to stay and play a bit longer, but just cause it's a sunday, doesn't mean I can rest.

Was great meeting you all.

Will be interesting to hear opinions of what poeple thought sounded good/bad/different.

BIG thanks to Phil for hosting the activities.
Oh, and don't forget to put some screws in those stands :smash:

Brisbane meet #3 report - shot#1

The meet went ahead at Phil's place with the best numbers yet. Lots of enthusiasm, much to see and much to talk about.

(My apologies for the poor quality of the photo. I'll edit this in due course.)

Doug

Attachments

• the meet.jpg
    the meet.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 114
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.