BrianGT Basic vs Premium+BG Test part 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I managed to take some shots today:

Front:
17-09-04-01.jpg

Rear:
17-09-04-02.jpg

Underside:
17-09-04-03.jpg

Inside:
17-09-04-04.jpg

Hi-

For pwr there is NOTHING wrong with those connector strips.

However, I would NEVER use them on the input signal side and try to avoid them on the spkr output side too.

But for pwr, they are excellent. They really clean up an install and make for testing and wiring versatility.

Troy

Those RCA's are hard to find here in the U.S. (at least on the internet). But, I did find a place, audiogear.com. I purchased some for my GC, they are nice - like all of Neutrik's stuff. The cost isn't bad either, $3.29 (natural) $3.39 (black). Here's the direct link: http://www.audiogear.com/NeutrikRCAPlugs.html.

I purchased the RCA's on the internet and got them in 2 days. I highly recommend audiogear.com.

-Ken

kec said:
Those RCA's are hard to find here in the U.S. (at least on the internet). But, I did find a place, audiogear.com. I purchased some for my GC, they are nice - like all of Neutrik's stuff. The cost isn't bad either, $3.29 (natural) $3.39 (black). Here's the direct link: http://www.audiogear.com/NeutrikRCAPlugs.html.

I purchased the RCA's on the internet and got them in 2 days. I highly recommend audiogear.com.

Those Neutriks certainly look very good. But I wonder two questions:

1) If you are going to make a XLR hole, why not use a proper XLR connector, that will make a better connection than any RCA?

2) One thing to look in RCA connectors is that the metal surface is well polished and shiny. That is usually an indication of a well done gold plating instead of a gold flashing. The photos I have seen on the Neutrik RCAs are not too flattering in that area, but the photo may be misleading.

A third question is that the internal dielectric seems to be plastic instead of Teflon, but some may find that not to be too important.

In my opinion, if you are going to punch this hole it's better going for a "complete XLR" combo.

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.