• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Come on guys give PA a little time to work this out. Things are moving in the right direction. There are a lot of logistics involved here and it can be a real pain to sort out. I would never have provided a lending hand if I thought for a second there were dishonest shenanigans at foot. (cool word huh. spelling??)

Rhys, Any luck with that crashed hardrive? Sure was a lot of cool audio stuff in there.

Tad

Im just going to ignore all the personal comments, obviously the situation is not clear from your eyes, you have no idea how much work this kind of thing involves by the looks of things.

Tad, no luck on the drives, i have considered the data lost, time to move on i guess. Im upset about some of the projects that i lost, but i hope to think of some wacky stuff soon. :smash:

More packages are ready to go out, the wiki will be updated shortly. I am attacking all boards first, then moving onto kits. This seems the most logical way to do things, and the quickest way to move the most amount of packages in not much time.

Why Don't You Write Me

Rhys,

Why don't you write me
I'm out in the jungle
I'm hungry to hear you.
Send me a card,
I am waiting so hard
To be near you.
(La, la, la)
Why don't you write?
Something is wrong
And I know I got to be there.
Maybe I'm lost,
But I can't make the cost
Of the airfare.
Tell me why
Why
Why
Tell me why
Why
Why

Why don't you write me,
A letter would brighten
My loneliest evening.
Mail it today
If it's only to say
That you're leaving me.
(La, la, la)

Monday morning, sitting in the sun
Hoping and wishing for the mail to come.
Tuesday, never got a word,
Wednesday, Thursday, ain't no sign,
Drank a half a bottle of iodine.
Friday, woe is me
Gonna hang my body from the highest tree.
Why don't you write me?

courtesy of Simon And Garfunkel. I don't think they meant PCBs but you get the idea.

Shmulik

rhysh said:
Im just going to ignore all the personal comments, obviously the situation is not clear from your eyes, you have no idea how much work this kind of thing involves by the looks of things.

More packages are ready to go out, the wiki will be updated shortly. I am attacking all boards first, then moving onto kits. This seems the most logical way to do things, and the quickest way to move the most amount of packages in not much time.

How come I have the feeling that I am at the wrong of asking for an update on things that I have paid for?

What we wanted to know is the realistic delivery time but instead you gave us all sort of excuses and delivery date that you couldn't even keep.

And you selectively ignore and replied the thread and posting which really annoyed me!!!

adn6244 said:

How come I have the feeling that I am at the wrong of asking for an update on things that I have paid for?

What we wanted to know is the realistic delivery time but instead you gave us all sort of excuses and delivery date that you couldn't even keep.

And you selectively ignore and replied the thread and posting which really annoyed me!!!

Look Guys,

It was all very annoying indeed, but let's now stop attacking Rhys.

He himself will certainly know what went wrong, and I am just glad that he is now seriously trying to get things straight in the end.

So please refrain from harsh words from now on, and just keep in touch with each other to clarify who has received the goods, and who has not.

I myself had written t Rhys a couple of weeks ago that I woudn't mind doing the soldering myself, so he could send the boards with the SMD parts unsoldered...

Let's start all over again with a positive attitude!

When we now finally get the boards we had paid for, we can finally start enjoying the good work that Rhys had started back then.

Best wishes,

Lucas

positivity went bankrupted by now.
Tad, do you have 4 spare BPA boards you are willing to sell, or, if you are a believer - lend, until my own set is delivered. I'm stuck with an amplifier ready to rock, but like the Tin Woodman from the Wizard of Oz, it has no heart...
I will cover all shipping expenses. I put enough money in that project to press on by buying again what I rightfully already own, but don't see a way to obtain.

juluska,
If you are going to solder the components on the BPA pcb a plain jane soldering gun will work just fine. If you tin the pads first with good quality solder you can then just place the smd component in its place and hold with tweezers. Just pass the soldering tip along the base and the solder will wick right up on the component. Anyway it works that way for me. A nice pair of magnifier glasses and a magnifier light helps tremendously. If you do it just right they should look like the ones on the Jeff Rowland closeup at Shine7.com.
Some folks come back and clean up with a piece of solder wick. I have never found it necessary. If you are going to do a lot of smd work a toaster oven would be your best bet for many joints in succession.
Do not get me wrong here. Working with these tiny suckers is tedious as H***. Have fun.

Tad

smulik,
I do not have any extra boards that I can loan you. Sorry. All of the boards that were sent to me were redistributed to members residing in the U.S. This saved mucho dollars on shipping.

To All,
How is the Rifa capacitor thing going. Anyone find a super cheap supply we can all share in?

Tad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.