BPA300 mono block finished and measured

Bild

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:
sure there is drift.
with quality components drift during warmup is extremely low.
here's what i'm getting for each chip's output offset:
cold:
0mv 0mv 1mv / 1mv 0mv 0mv
hot:
1mv 1mv 2mv / 4mv 3mv 2mv
the worst case delta on the first board is 1mv
the worst case delta on the second board is 2mv
the worst case net delta side to side is under 3mv (with one side hot and one side cold).
3mv into either 8R or 4R is less than one milliwatt.
i'm reasonably confident the chip can handle that. :))

You should check your PSU output voltage when mains is at maximum of the supplier's tolerance.

The 3886 have an absolute limit of 84Vdc, when signal is present.

If one channel is disconnected, then the remaining channel will see a higher supply voltage due to less loading on the PSU.

Z in BPA 300

Hi.. all.
Sorry berofe about my english.
I am very interested in this excellent work.
How about Z input, and how to calculate it?. I am Newbie of this matter. My plan just build BPA300 half, does not build push pull and leave DRV. For my plan build a tube preamp that fits its for maching impedance for this Amplifier. tq.

The simple answer is that you'll have to put a 4700uF or 10000uF capacitor in series with your speakers. There are other ways of doing it which don't have the LF cutoff dependent on the resistance of the speakers but they aren't catered for here. This is not an especially ambitious implementation of the 3886 and I didn't run mine this way. I'd also say that you are wasting most of what could be done with this by only running it as a PA 150. The advantage of running things differentially is huge. Apart from output impedance, which is again unambitious here with 0R2 resistors balancing the current, there is little to be gained by having 3 LM3886s in parallel except spreading the thermal burden - which is valuable and makes for some of the worst parts of the failings. But a single 3886 can deliver 11A, which is far more than any average speaker can manage.

If you can send the amp a proper differential signal, ie. one the inverse of the other (not that it matters from the point of CMRR) you will find it is a class above what you get from a single ended signal and all the trouble around finding a true ground. When I did that for the first time about 7 years ago, it was the biggest single improvement I had ever heard on any amplifier. It also allows you to drop the gain by half and thus extend the GBWP.

Now if you don't understand this then take Andrew's advice and build a single chip version. I would still advise you to drive it differentially. There is no solution to a non differential amplifier, and it just gets worse the more current you have at your disposal. There is a very good solution otherwise.