• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Boxing Day Special

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Jesse,

Nice thing about paint - if it doesn't work out the remedy is as fast as the next can you can grab. I say different is good.

Actually what most interested me is your shelving. This is the kind of thing I've been wanting to to for a while. Looks like you have a metal support rail in a routed track on the side..? Obviously some simple brackets to support the weight. I can probably find the hardware anywhere, but where did you get it?

but where did you get it?

Hi CarlyBoy
The track is ordinary commercial grade slotted shelving track. The brackets are the locking type (little screw barrel that tightens the shelf bracket to the track). Originally 12"long, these were cut off at about 2 1/2".

In my case, I wanted to decouple the shevles from the frame. This was done by welding small flat bar pieces across the top of the vertical bracket to make a small horizontal pad. A small depression was drilled (3/8"drill bit) in the top side of each pad to a depth of 1/8". This makes a cup for the spike point to sit in.

For the spikes, I bought some archery (arrow) tips and drilled suitable holes on the bottom of the shelves to line up with the center of the horizontal pads. The arrow tips, when tapped into the holes, provide a small spike that is very hard.

Then, fill the hollow shelves with sand and place them on the brackets, ensuring that the spikes rest in the cups in the top of each bracket.

These were a ton of work, but I love this design cause I can easily adjust both of the middle shelves for height. ;)

Jess

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.