bought 2 irf9540N and 540N mosfets in hopes of building an amplifier and i cant seem to build anything.

Didn´t read both threads in full, but both start flawed.
Although later corrected, that doesn´t inspire much trust.

Try to find any serious complementary Mosfet design, then use yours there but with +/-35V to +/-40V (tops) rails, into 8 ohm loads.

My main beef with above examples is that they ignore proper biasing, which makes me suspect they are not real designs but simply copypasted Lateral Mosfet circuits, with the "wrong" transistors.
Yes, they are corrected later in the threads, but a true designer would have biased them right from the beginning.
Oh well.

You can get a long way by entering a schematic into LTSpice and going through the static voltages, currents, transient response, frequency sweeps, and noise plots. There are some very simple Nelson pass "Zen" amplifiers with just one or two mosfets. It depends on if you are going for accuracy or just having some fun and want to generate a Watt or two. I have found that an opamp will drive a MOSFET gate just fine and the feedback can give you excellent performance. You could start with a class A headphone amp to keep it simple.