Bosoz in progress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2 Months ago, after un discution with a friend of mine i decided to build with his help a Bosoz to drive my DIY-amp (in construction to). The Amp will be connected later to 2 Back Horn speakers (with Fostex drivers).

The first i made is reading the Nelson Pass PDF concerning the Bosoz as all topics i can find on diy audio to.
Than i begun to drawing on my computer some schemes from it while my friend build my the 2 Pcb : power supply and main board (both are modified to own BC056 and munforf Mcap capa)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I purchase to Digikey teh parts i need. Mundorf and BC056 came for germany and france as the tansfomater.

The mainbord and the power supply board without Mcap capa.

The main board with Mcap soldered

This the past 2 week i began the housing

I needed to modify the implantation because i wanted to have the same cable length for +/-/ground. The two board will be separated with a 3mm thick steel plate.

The next step his finishing the house by varnishing the wood front and rear faces........

Marc

Netlist said:
Fantastic work Marc

What power amp will you build?

/Hugo :)

Thanks Hugo.
The first step for amplification is a 5x50W Zenquito evolution from Jean Marc Plantefève ("the french Nelson Pass). It's a class AB amp. base on Hitachi transistor. Here are somme pics of my amp in build process (It's not yet finished) :

The Pcb :

The capa are BC C154 22000µF/40V, i have 14 of them in the amp

Marc

Netlist said:
It all looks very neat.
Did you see there are some threads discussing the Zenquito on this forum too?
They are current feedback amps, no?
I tried something for the AlephX with CF but due to lack of time and knowledge it has to rest for a while.

/Hugo

No i didn't see. The zenquito is the first step of amp building. After a few month it will be operating only on my Home cinema amp through preout. I am actually studiing a Aleph X (45-50w) version to work with bosoz.

Marc

joensd said:
Congrats! That´s definitely one of the most beautiful and tasteful designed amps around here!
PCB artwork is great as well.
Did you do it with Eagle?
And if so, would you mind sharing the eagle files with us?

Cheers
Jens

Thanks
The PCB design was made bay a freind of mine effectivly with eagle. My friend's name on DIYAUDIO is PsyKoK. Ask him he has all the files and had do a really nice work on these bosoz PCB.

Marc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.