Bora is a nice guy from Serbia - Yugoslávia

Constructed ?????

since i am getting deeper and deeper in to this ....and since i consider my shelf a school boy in amplifiers ...... and thanks to this forum i am learning more and more things daily ....

i come up with this conclusion .....

a schematic provided by anyone IE designers for shure is not enough to make you go ahead in any construction .....

look at p3 and variations from rod elliot after he claims that his amp is working better without output inductor .....
i agree! ...didnt even try to put inductor to it since as was the sound was perfect anyway !!!!

after all this time i never had inductor to my legend 4 amplifiers from bora omega .....well after i put one the amp is a hell of a lot better ...please notice that i just put any inductor ....no scopes or calculation ....just to see if there is any audible diference

well it actually made a lot of changes!!! plus that i thing that it will improove stabilty also .....

whats the big deal then ????? i thing the only diference is that rod also construct on his own except design .thus a lot of small but may be very importand details provided to complete one amplifier !!!!

best regards sakis

Studio from Bora.... this amplifier is sounding great

And more than that..... reproduces wonderfull sound stage, and this is a rarity.... we feel as the amplifier is "alive"

Those informations came to me from Eastern Europe... from a very good friend from Croatia.

I will try Studio Special Edition from Bora very soon.

And will not be the first Bora design i have built.... the man is very good.

Congratulations Doctor Bora.

Carlos

Attachments

• index2.jpg
    index2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,471
Studio was compared with many good brands

And have "eated" all them.... it is a very serious amplifier... a winner.

I will not be surprised if result better sounding than mine amplifiers... in reality i am afraid to compare, because i think it will eat my amplifiers.

Bora has discovered "what" into the circuit results in more perfect sound stage than others... and this is something no one knows...only he knows.

Outstanding designer my dear friend Bora.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• index1.jpg
    index1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,463
I am not sure dear Jacco.... i have to study the schematics

Into fast observation... first analisis.... previous inspection, seems many resistances in parallel to obtain lower resistance, and a better quality, low price, non inductive unit because all those ones in parallel.... four 1 ohm resistances, 1 watt each one, will result a better resistance of 0.25 ohm and 4 watts.

But can be other thing... i have to check into the schematic and think about.

Do not make difficult questions to my last three neuroniuns, because if they burn i will have problems.

One say "yes".... other say "no".... the third one "more or less"...you see i will be in troubles if one of them burns.

ahahahah.

regards,

Carlos

Exactly....Bora is great!...one of the 10 best designers we have in whole world!

The guy is great....you see how he was carefull.

Avoiding inductances and allowing the use of smaller resistances..increasing a lot the dissipation and can made very pretty soldering into a beautifull golden colour copper bar.

Details.... i found sound better without emitter resistances...he found better without inductances.... very good.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• imagem.gif
    imagem.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 2,154
Carlos: "Exactly....Bora is great!...one of the 10 best designers we have in whole world! "

Such a praise from you Carlos, is already a remarkable reward for any designer! Putting me amongst 10 best designers is likely to be seen as gross exaggeration by many, but I will strive to keep that position at least in your eyes.. and hopefully few others...

This emitter resistors assembly is something I am using for many many years to replace expensive brand name components without compromising ANY of relevant characteristics. Only real "minus" is additional labor for assembling those small boards. In any other relevant aspect famous brand name resistors have no advantages at all... proven in practice!

Attachments

• emit-res2.gif
    emit-res2.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 2,154
Audiophile Connect Club Osijek - ACCO in short ... i am only member there but in fact i am running my own show..... not want to be indentified with ACCO....they did not help me build anything so in fact it is only me....
thank you Carlos for puting those pic's in this topic...

antoher great amplifier that a friend of mine build is DOGC....on Bora's home page... it has more bas than Techno amp from Bora and the guy loves it.... :)