Bob and Alice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That’s certainly possible / likely. I just believe there may be better (less exasperating, more fruitful) ways to address these issues.

I think, as SY implied years ago, you need to divide the controversies into those that involve some kind of financial interest vs. the others. The Bybee comes to mind, one that has closed more than one thread probably only second to the sound of cables.

Last edited:
Well, now that we have all shared initial responses I have some more 'fuel' for the fire.
Grew up in New Orleans so as as a child spent lots of time watching parents cook local food. One day dad had a slew of snapper turtles to cook so I watched him behead the critters. The heads sill responding to being poked with a stick and snapping, I noticed the bodies when placed in normal position would seek out the missing head. Curious I would move a head away in random angles and the body would follow, changing course as required. Of course the effect only lasted a minute or so.
The body could not smell and the head cannot move on its own. Anyway I was only 10 or so and figured this is just normal for turtles.
Maybe there is an explanation for this but I have never found one.

This post is long so stopping here.
I have a hunch on how the head communicated with body but it entails a look at what is commonly called magic , occult etc.

possibly there is a scientific explanation?

called magic , occult etc.

possibly there is a scientific explanation?

Well turtles float so there is your answer. It also indicates turtles are a higher form of life than chickens. Turtles hold great esteem in Eastern mysticism in fact the world is actually carried on the back of a giant turtle, and then there is Gamera.

Last edited:
I think, as SY implied years ago, you need to divide the controversies into those that involve some kind of financial interest vs. the others. The Bybee comes to mind, one that has closed more than one thread probably only second to the sound of cables.

It’s a shame people aren’t required to disclose their financial interests / professional motives here as I’ve seen in other places.

To someone without an EE background, I genuinely appreciate and really respect that there’s people out there looking out for those of us who are perhaps more liable to be hoodwinked.

SY, DF and your posts have likely provided more use for me than any other here. Also, Andrew T comes to mind and it’s unfortunate he’s left the terrestrial plane. Linkwitz as well, although on his own turf. I regret to say I believe he is on his way out to pasture as well. So, it’s certainly not gone unnoticed. Unfortunately maybe not acknowledged as much as it should.

Regarding cables and such, I myself have noticed a HUGE downtick in the cable talk and business. Most are going for cheap monoprice amazon stuff or at the most blue jeans cables. When it was peaking around 2007/8 forums were inundated with cable discussions, tons of garage-businesses popped up selling magic cables, almost all the audio ads I saw were cable related, even second hand market was thriving on eBay etc. I don’t see nearly the same activity as then, so I am guessing / imagining / hoping folks like yourself and DF had a hand in really slashing the tires on that industry. I can’t imagine the forum man hours.

I wasn’t jabbing at DF... well, only in endearment really. He is a snake oil sentinel and guardian of the people. I would be much more adrift without him. But, I’m also on the more reasonable side... at least in this realm. I don’t come into the ring with much established belief. Nonetheless I have viewed enough of interactions here to see other people don’t react as I do.

But I figured I should also give credit where it is due so I’d like to extend to DF my personal gratitude for his efforts.

I figured he realizes he is engaged in an uphill battle that will not result in winning popularity contests. But by the same token, I think he could be more effective toward his own goals by adopting a slightly less “sharp” approach, at least based on the findings in that paper.

Anyway, not singling out DF. By he I really mean whomever.

I thought it could do a lot of folks some good to see some of the insights. Might save some head/heart ache. Those engaged in the Blowtorch thread might add a half dozen years of lifespan from using some of their suggestions.

An approach to forum interactions based on science I think is a proposition an Engineer could see a lot of appeal and value in.

Some love a good circular, stalemate argument as well, and I suppose there’s no harm in that either.

Last edited:
An approach to forum interactions based on science I think is a proposition an Engineer could see a lot of appeal and value in.

Unfortunately there is an element of anti-science or as I call it scientific "relativism" here at times. Like here the mistrust of computational physics, the basic tenet being it forces its own results. There are in fact serious groups some populated by credentialed physicists that have this belief not just internet chatterboxes.

There are those that are proud of not believing in magic by age 6 or so and those that feel sorry for them (if you know what I mean).

EDIT - There are people here that have asked me not to post in their threads, I oblige if they keep the garbage physics in the commercial forums.

Last edited:
spaceistheplace said:
I rarely see DF say anything that could be construed as friendly, for example.
I am always friendly to people who genuinely want to learn, discuss technology based on real science, or teach me things I don't know.

Do you think you are successful?
Sometimes. I can remember a few occasions when someone new popped up here talking complete nonsense, at first resisting correction, but then finally started actually thinking and learning and revising his views; sadly there are far more who never make this transition. However, I would be much less successful if I never tried.

I figured he realizes he is engaged in an uphill battle that will not result in winning popularity contests. But by the same token, I think he could be more effective toward his own goals by adopting a slightly less “sharp” approach, at least based on the findings in that paper.
I will bear that in mind. However, a self-appointed 'guru' should expect a sharper response than a humble newbie, if he talks nonsense.

Ok moving on, I've noticed a strong similarly between Entanglement experiments and Voodoo where an item, piece of hair , a bone , relic or something the target was closely connected to is used as an IF up/down converter (intermediate frequency converter- for lack of any existing terminology)

Also unknowing to him (Col. Squier -Muzak founder) the Acacia tree communicators may have used a far more complex science than he originally postulated.
I have used horizontal mag loop antennas surrounded by trees to communicate at low power 400-500 miles without ionsphere skip. (144mhz)

Really, these areas are unexplored from the viewpoint that a still unknown mechanism may be assisting-interacting with living , somewhat living and non-living matter.

Attachments

• 12CE71B3-538E-465D-8B2F-A50F24574511.jpeg
    12CE71B3-538E-465D-8B2F-A50F24574511.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 121
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Also unknowing to him (Col. Squier -Muzak founder)

Probably he wouldn’t feel comfortable that you made reference to him under that context.

Col. George Owen Squier hadn’t implied there is anything mysterious taking place with the trees when used as antennae.
On the contrary in his patent he makes clear what he thinks is that what makes them function as such (the root system providing a good and extended ground plane and the juicy trunk providing the conducting vertical element of the antenna).
He was one of the many that tried to demystify the art of communication more than a century ago.
It seems you are one of the few that follows the opposite route now.

George

Probably he wouldn’t feel comfortable that you made reference to him under that context.

Col. George Owen Squier hadn’t implied there is anything mysterious taking place with the trees when used as antennae.
On the contrary in his patent he makes clear what he thinks is that what makes them function as such (the root system providing a good and extended ground plane and the juicy trunk providing the conducting vertical element of the antenna).
He was one of the many that tried to demystify the art of communication more than a century ago.
It seems you are one of the few that follows the opposite route now.

George

Notice in US patent , the GB patent he filed first. Ive studied the environment Squire was working in and for sure there was resistance to his papers. He had to tone down the Us patent to get it passed.

Attachments

• 34ED4451-3896-4C98-A2A6-B539B4EEAF83.jpeg
    34ED4451-3896-4C98-A2A6-B539B4EEAF83.jpeg
    556.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 4EF177DD-67C1-4D52-84DD-FC0871EDF78F.png
    4EF177DD-67C1-4D52-84DD-FC0871EDF78F.png
    777 KB · Views: 98
  • 504515BD-42EF-4977-8E33-F2785CCA54B9.jpeg
    504515BD-42EF-4977-8E33-F2785CCA54B9.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 98
  • 09B40AF4-84DB-4B97-964D-7684AF62FA45.jpeg
    09B40AF4-84DB-4B97-964D-7684AF62FA45.jpeg
    523.2 KB · Views: 85
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.