Bluesound Node2 PSU repair

My bluesound Node2 is dead with a steady red light on the LED.
Internet search identifies this as eithers a failed software update or a dead PSU.
Inspection shows the usual suspects C11/C12 bulging. The originals are 1.000uF/10 volt.
Unfortunately I don't have any of them, but I do have Long-life, 105º, 1.000uF/6,3 volt.
Does anyone know the actual voltage across these capacitors and if I can get away with 6.3V?

Picture beolow is from internet, but show the same damage on the aptly named capacitors squeezed between the heatsink and SMPS transformer
1702311101211.png

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I just got off the phone from the top tech person at Bluesound. After about 20- 30 minutes had this thing up and running. So far so good. Thank you Audio Advisor. They had a lot of faith in the product, and while they would have been happy to refund. When I told them I really wanted this thing to work.

They had me to first call their tech crew. When I called, messages about all busy, hold. Then leave message and we will get back. They did, but it was next day. When I was at work. Oh well. Have another day off coming up, decided to call early and try again. But, Audio Advisor called me asking
How that went. Also are you busy now? If I would talk to this tech master he said 100% of time he can resolve issues.

A few minutes later a call came in, and ta da.
I had a number a connection issues he quickly identified and were corrected, settings and so forth.

Thanks Brian at Audio Advisor! I bought this from them because of the excellent customer service I've had dealing with them off and on since the 90's, and I knew if it didn't work they would make it right. And they did. I really wanted a streamer, not my money back.

My take is, if having problems, it is imperative to talk to a human tech person.
Now let's see how it goes. I'm betting it will be fine. Reviews were polar. People loved it and praised it. Others thought it useless. I stuck it out and it does indeed work. Buy it from a dealer you know will help if there are problems, otherwise I would still be fussing with it.

So far, I've only used it with it's internal dac. There is an out to bypass the onboard DAC and use your own, and I have a few to try.

Russellc

Last edited: