Blown orion Amp, Can I fix it?????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
where can i buy some 2n6488/2n6491.i am repairing an old orion xtr2250

www.mouser.com

Do you know if the 225HCCA is similar to the MTX 225ho?

IIRC, the early MTX amps were made by PPI, don't know if they had any common failure modes.

As soon as I try to hook it up with my 12 volt power supply it trips the breaker. I did not change all the transistors. Can someone please explain to me in detail how to test the other transistors? Thanks.

Send me an email, and I'll do my best. I may be a little slow in replying...

Tim

Satern:

i think u should check the power supply first ,
to do that u should remove all output transistors and check the voltage on the power supply rails .
i bet the power supply mosfets are dead too
after fixing the power supply u can place the output transistors in place (check each transistor , if one of them is smoked it can destroy others too), put a 2-3A fuse at the 12V imput of the amp ,if everythin will be ok then remove it

Could someone help me also!

Okay this is my problem I have the sony XM-504Z amplifier it is the 4/3 channel with the high and low pass filter. The problem is when the amplifier is plugged up it emits no sound from the low side channels and one high side channel I dont know which. Also when it was working I could plug one twelve up and bridge it and it sounded good or my two tens but when I plugged up my two twelves and bridged it then you couldnt turn the stero up past three or four notches or the amplifier would cut off the green light would go out and the red light would come on. Someone please help me I like this amplifier alot and I would really appreciate knowing how to fix it.

Right lads... this is where you all go... oh what a mong... love electronics and willing to learn. :) My dads got this seperates system and i put it in my room.. i connected the audio output from my pc to the aux inputs on a 2amp JVC A-GX1 stereo integrated amplifier.. im in serious trouble.. please help?

Regards Johnny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.