Blown HIFONICS BXi-1600D (HIP4080AIPZ inside)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got another new 4080 one.
Firstly, have replaced the ZD1 with a good one (actually now I have about 7.1V on it, but I think it's OK). The current before this replacing was about 1.70A, now it is 0.1A lower without the HIP.

Putting the 4080 into the socket do a rise of about 0.02A at 14V, that means now it is probably working good.
After putting 4 mosfets back into a board, I've got about 3A current draw without any load and almost a short circuit right after I start the amp with a load. Again, I can connect the load after about 10secs and nothing happens excepting non-stable 3-4A draw and heating mosfets.

I suppose that the IRF3710 non-Z's are the only problem by this time. I hope. Anyway, it looks like the amp is almost alive.

Also got non-used Hertz HXS380D today for very reasonable price and hope I will soon be able to pair them. Another question: should I start using it at several hundreds watts firstly, despite of getting its juice at 1kw power? Just like starting using a new car?

Well, just got some AUIRF3710Z's to try and nothing new happened. Again, about 3A current draw and mosfets getting warmer and warmer.

Are there any other ideas to test something else (ex. HIP4080, LM393, Zener, power supply - they are all OK)? Or ordering IRF3710Z's seems to be the only way to repair the amp?

Power supply fets work slightly warm all over the time. The output mosfets are getting hot and draw much current from the supply at idle then.

I am able to hear the sound at speaker (so the output are still oscillating at input signal), but it is veery distorted. And 3A draw is without any input.

Also the same problem - if load is connected to amp's output, I get a short after relay clicks when I start up my amp.
There is about 1sec of time when amp draws normally 1.7A after relay clicks without any load and then the current rises to about 3A momentally and stays there in average.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.