Bleeder Resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Daniel,
Relax! These things are not that critical to begin with. If you are going to use a zobel (on the output of your supplies?), you must do this empirically. There are too many variables at work here.

Concentrate on board layout. Leave extra mounting locations for a few different capacitors. Then you can play.

A word of advice. Stop reading about this. Get a woman or child to listen for differences. They will tell you honestly whether things sound okay or not. This is all you need. Don't ask them to describe what they hear in detail unless they can easily describe it. You can not judge your own work without bias. Do not attempt to educate (read bias) them.

-Chris

anatech said:
Hi Daniel,
Relax! These things are not that critical to begin with. If you are going to use a zobel (on the output of your supplies?), you must do this empirically. There are too many variables at work here.

Concentrate on board layout. Leave extra mounting locations for a few different capacitors. Then you can play.

A word of advice. Stop reading about this. Get a woman or child to listen for differences. They will tell you honestly whether things sound okay or not. This is all you need. Don't ask them to describe what they hear in detail unless they can easily describe it. You can not judge your own work without bias. Do not attempt to educate (read bias) them.

-Chris

Who are you and what have you done to the moderator? ;)

Hey, what you said (above), is exactly what I usually do. Its just nicer when empirics and science should happen to simultaneously agree. And, I can't figure out the. . . figures on the RC. I just don't even know where to begin. Upon trying the usual examples of 1R or 2R + 0.1uF, well, that always backfires. So then something else. . . Any clues?

If I had a well-working or even overkill RC, then perhaps I could reinstall the bleeder resistors without having a noise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.