• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

BIPS1 modification, resistor elimination

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To reconfigure BIPS module for the 12v supply, how do I safely remove the resistors? If desoldered do they then need to be bypassed with a segment of wire?

The SMPS500R I have is configured with output voltage of +\- 60v, could I leave the BIPS in the default configuration and power BIPS from the 60v output?
Are the resistors already the correct value to cut 60v to nominal operating voltage for BIPS?

Last edited:
If the BIPS is supplied with +-12V to +-15V the 56R resistors which are default used on the board are the suitable ones to be used. but if is supplied at +-60V like in TA3020v4b application, the resistos must be changed with 2k2-2k4 to allow a ~20mA current to supply the two OP Amps on the board. I do not recommend to supply at such high voltage if a lower voltage is available. and always check the resistors value before power up the board at higher voltage. supplying the module with 56R resistors at +-60V will damage the resistors and some other parts on the board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.