Big High End Subwoofer 20 Hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What I consider "fast" is a transducer/coupling system which does not require a resonance mechanism to achieve the output efficiency the system is touted as having.

If a specific manufacturer chooses design criteria such that other issues arise, that is not a flaw of the theory but rather a choice they have made gearing the response towards their target market.
1)Have you any idea as to what specific choice they made that you do not like?
2)Or is it possible that the vendor name is the issue?
3)My last interaction with CV's was back in '79, I didn't like them because they used circuit breakers on the highs, the club my friend played at had them very high over the dance floor so not easily accessible.
4)So, quite often the system ended up with no mids/highs in addition to no low bass..

John
John,

1)The CV B-36 horn sub uses a heavy but "mushy" cone without a particularly robust magnet structure, resulting in a ringing "Johnny One Note " aural signature. DJs still seem to love the cabinet, lots of "kick".
2) Eugene Cervenski has my respect, his "Earthquake" subs really brought extended LF content to the mainstream. That said, his company made a lot of gear that really was not at a "pro" level, frequency response was all over the map.
3) Point in case, the circuit breakers protected the highs, far easier to re-set the breaker than replace the HF diaphragms in a not easily accessible cabinet.
4) You can't have everything ;^).

Art

Rss390hf is on sale for $155.
Fun as a house rumbler me thinks.

I agree with f8 of 20hz in 5.5ft3.
200w makes it skip past xmax @102db @20hz.
Those are pretty good numbers balancing box size, sensitivity, and sealed deep F3.

I'd mount 2 in a push pull in 11ft3 for 108db@20hz.

Good points on the fast tractor.
Listen to a sub by itself, it sounds like mud.

I plugged my 15's box 27hz ports.
Wasn't any quicker or cleaner, just lost an octave of low bass.

Dance club, high levels of 40hz and up (tune there), subsonic below that.

Norman

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.