• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

BIB dimensions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes.

Closed pipes have peaks at its even harmonics and nulls at uneven harmonics with the 1st one damping the system at Fb [Fp] with the 3rd harmonic being approximately two octaves away and since the first one is so low, the 3rd is still a ‘biggie’. As you can see, the rest of the harmonic peak/null ‘train’ continues to decay away to near infinity [in theory AFAIK].

Of course some damping is required to smooth all this out and if a room mode peak/null should match up good enough with the speaker’s, then they can ~ cancel out at the Lp, so much less actual damping is required in practice.

In reality, what usually happens is that the room massively comb filters with highly resonant speakers and due to how we perceive the lower octaves it can sound much smoother, more coherent than an in-room measurement indicates.

GM

Based on my T/S measurements, the BetsyK will provide great response in 76 liters BR. Tune to ~45Hz. F3/F10 44/34, models for flat response. HAven't built them yet so no further comments.

Well all the dims are posted here now. I'm not going to be able to build it at this time. WAF stepped in. Since I like to eat home cooking, well. Anyway hope someone will build one. She did ok a smaller project.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.