Bias in a classical current feedback amp - influence how?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peranders said:
I have done some simulating on a SMD current feedback amp with Diamond buffer and the performance seems to be rather good. Bandwidth up to 25 MHz but how about real world influence? I expect over 1 MHz is very possible, maybe 10 MHz.

I notice that working point aren't very sensitive. 0.5 mA or 5 mA doesn´t mean much.

I'm very keen on making a small cute all SMD headphone amp, mayby with Jung Super Regulators.

I have attached the simulation files if somebody wants to fool around.

Bandwidth up to 1MHz is very possible, also in a poweramplifier. Just use Emitterfollower as output. Maybe use MOSFET's.

Try out other combinations of currentmirrors. As i have found out you can gain more phase margin than with the current mirrors you have used right know.

I my self would like high idle current, so it isn't jumping between class B and A when slewing fast.

Here is the schematics which I'm working on. At the moment I have only one channel. First I'll make the pcb layout for one channel ready then I will duplicated it.

I wonder how good the temp stability will be? May I'll have to reduce the currents? I'll guess a prototype will give me the answer.

Attachments

• qrv06r0schema_p1.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 267
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.