BG Radia Neo drivers vs conventional tweeters and mids

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From Danny Richie at the GR Research audiocircle forum
The new company that now owns these drivers knows that there is a need for them and they intend to put things in place that will allow them to be supplied in the future. I spoke with them today about it. Hang in there. It may still be a bit longer....

So it sounds like these drivers might return to the diy market at some point. Keeping fingers crossed...
Dan

From Danny Richie at the GR Research audiocircle forum

So it sounds like these drivers might return to the diy market at some point. Keeping fingers crossed...
Dan

I do not share Dannys optimism. I've contacted Parts Express, who originally said the same thing, but now I've gotten word that BG is no longer going to be available. My contact at the new company, Christie Digital has also gone MIA for the past two weeks. I encourage anyone who wants these drivers to contact Christie Digital themselves. If we make enough noise, they might realize there is a DIY/OEM market for these drivers.

Greg

I've been trying to get in contact with someone at Parts Express who knows what is going on with no luck so far. I'd like some assurances that these drivers are a stable, stocked item and not Chrisitie having decided to sell off all of the models that they do not use for their own loudspeaker systems. I don't trust this situation at the moment. After all of the conversations I've had with the folks at Christie and other small manufacturers who were trying to work out a deal last year, this is an odd and unexpected turn of events.

Greg

This is the response I got when I asked Part Express what was up with the new stock:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Parts Express. We were able to buy a few things from another company. Regretfully the items we now have are all that we can get at this time.

We appreciate your business. Please let us know if we may be of additional assistance.

Customer Service Team
Beverly

Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.