Better than Topping TP-60 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently heard a TP-60, and was impressed. I prefer DIY, kits, or assembled boards though, and I need a bit more power if possible. I'm just wondering if there is an option which allows me to have even better than the TP-60, in a DIY form ?

I just fell in love with Tripath sound, and want to build a simple amp. Thanks for any help.

PS; The Tripath FAQ Wiki thread would not work for me.

Thank you very much for the direction.

No sweat at all.
These are not strictly DIY as most (if not all) come with the board pre assembled. What remains is... adding a preamp or volume control, a power supply and installing the setup in an enclosure.
I have not heard any of the TPA32xx boards (still stuck on the 31xx) but the feedback on this forum is that they sound quite good.

No sweat at all.
These are not strictly DIY as most (if not all) come with the board pre assembled. What remains is... adding a preamp or volume control, a power supply and installing the setup in an enclosure.
I have not heard any of the TPA32xx boards (still stuck on the 31xx) but the feedback on this forum is that they sound quite good.

Whew ! I'm glad you explained what you meant by "not simple". Luckily, it's simple for me. I just wasn't sure how to get the TPA2022 sound quality, while going up in power in the Tripath way.

Hi amigos,

I just got this awesome amplifier and got some very great results.
Can someone tell me the difference between these 3 different versions ? :

the first picture = mine

IMG-20200305-112217.jpg

HTB1fR0rJVXXXXbbaXXXq6xXFXXXz.jpg

ToppingTP60insides.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.