• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Best sounding voltage amplifier for hybride.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi kees, yes a lot of time has passed...:)
so I meantime have rebuilt my Jadis30 monoblocks (already sent post somewhere at this forum), some docu is here (at czech..): perys | perys - Jadis-JA-30_mk2012 ? rajce.net
(in few words: original schematics with boring sound, new schematics with no global feedback and very weak local one, with much much better sound:), some picturs of work, then some squares (at 6550 anode [now going to >300kHz with JJ tubes] and behind output transformer; some spectra as well).
The sound is simply as good as it should be.
I have since never retuned back to solid state... and I think my predecessor amp was quite good, accurate and really fast (going up to approx. 1-2MHz): perys | perys - hqqf_2012 ? rajce.net

Very nice stuff.

Yes feedback can kill dynamics, therefore I use only current feedback, the schematic hybride in previous post have also the possibility fo no feedback then use only a mu is 20 tube in voltage amp, the driver has mu is 2.4 when using a higher mu yiu need feedback but then also slightly.

this one do sound very dynamic.

Glad you have yours als change in the good manner.

regards

kees

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.