Best Selector Switch? ..Advice plz!

Which one is the way to go? (Plz vote!)

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello...

An input selector is an unfortunate necessity in my Pre/LS project.
Which one would do the least harm (degradation)?

It needs to be rotary style, because I'm committed already in certain design aspects (case/etc).

A source for it would be nice too...

TIA for your thoughts!!!

Greg

Thank you both for the replies!

Well, I kinda figured it would be expensive, since I said "best"...
Its not an area to skimp, IMHO...
So I might have to compromise lol... but it would help to fully understand the choice.... Like, a hierarchy of bests... lol..
I might wind up having to settle for second best... or maybe even 3rd...
It will depend on the actual cust.... though on the other hand, I might choose to wait a bit longer and save up..
This IS diy after all... :D

Not yet...
Still in the early planning stages... But I'm planning to when possible..
Sorry :((
Room behind shouldn't be a problem though..
Might even be able to mount in in the rear near the input connectors on a shaft.... but again, to early to be sure.
Working out those details now..

Thanx tho!!!

Tromp has my vote.

Signal relays are reputed to be very good at not degrading the signal.

A very cheap rotary switch could activate your signal relays.

The nice thing about these small signal relays is that they can be mounted almost on the input sockets and feed direct to the output sockets with virtually no wiring. Just a few short PCB traces.

Wow, relays.... kewl idea!
Can you explain how to impliment? What kind to use?
Thnx...

Relays are easy to use. People have different opinions as to which brand/model to use. I use Omron G6K type. They are among the smallest signal relays available. Another choice frequently seen is Fujitsu-Takamisawa signal relays.

To use the relays you need a PCB to mount them. I designed a simple PCB for 4 channel selector but there are many other options. I control mine using arduino but it can as well be control using cheap rotary switch which just selects which relay gets energized.

Regards,
Oleg

Degrees of sweep??

So, how many degrees of sweep do I need for this?
90 degrees maybe?

Attachments

• selector.jpg
    selector.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 394
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.