Best driver for MJ15024/25 motorola transistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

aht

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
OK...Let's see this schematic

I received it from my friend whom like a several method to apply his NFB schematic.

Notice at R17,C7 it's not feedback point but feedback point is R2...Input Stage...?!?

Does somebody tell me how this method good more than my schematic in first post ?

I still nonplus with this method but I'm designing PCB for it ;)

PCB comming soon :)

Regard
AHT

Attachments

• mosfet115.jpg
    mosfet115.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 408
Hi,
your schematic is a bit unusual in that the signal is connected to the inverting input. The non-inverting input is connected to ground via R17 & C7.
The NFB is quite normal via R4.
What I find really unusual is the omission of a VAS stage to convert the current coming out of the LTP back to a voltage. Instead it is capacitor coupled straight to the drivers. With an RC time constant of 10uS. Where has the treble gone?
I recommend that you move the protection zeners D5 to D8 to the Gate Source leads of the output FETs. In this new location are the diodes D5 & D8 still required? Add back emf protection diodes from each Vrail to output.
R23 & R24 may not be required so just put in a shorting link (do not omit yet).
Finally, how do you intend adjusting output bias current and DC balance? The trimpot seems to be a fine adjust on the LTP tail current used to balance the two halves of the LTP.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.