Best DIY dipole speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
When I started out my experiments with the RD-75, I was expecting to XO around 4-600 Hz. It was a pleasing surprise to discover that running the RD-75 down to 200 Hz worked far better than using an array of 10" drivers.

I don't know the RD-50 og RD-48, but they should be able to reach 200 Hz, although with less max SPL.

I have never heard loud speakers that sound as good as electrostatics (ESL) which are always diploes, or headphones that sound as good as electrostatic headphones, so I would look at the ER Audio kits if I am looking for sound quality. I expect you will be amazed, when you first hear ESL's which are dipoles and magnetic dipoles will then seem as a definite second best, but they are not such a bad second best as you might first think when you hear ESL speakers, as they do do many things very well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.