Belt for Thorens TD280 MKII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm in trouble looking for a replacement belt for my Thorens TD280 MKII. Even the Thorens dealer in Spain cannot offer me a solution (!). It seems that the owners of belt driven turntables are facing a difficult future, isn't it?

Questions:

Does anyone know where can I find one?
Is there a DIY alternative for those belts?

Thanks,

JP

beltdrive Thorens

JP,

Of course I'm not able to compare the situation in Spain with the Netherlands but why don't you buy a "not original" drive belt for your Thorens.

A year ago I bought a replacement for my Thorens TD145 at an electronics shop in my hometown. The original would have been about 15 Euro, the not so original did cost me about 4 Euro. This belt does the job perfectly. Take your old belt to a shop near you, perhaps the are able to help you.

Greetings,

Luuk Boessenkool
the Netherlands

Hi Luuk,

Well, in fact that's what I did. I went to a hifi shop and the Thorens dealer itself sent us a "non original" belt (according to what you say, at the price of an original belt, 18 euros), but the belt didn't work, it was too short. That's why I posted my questions.

Anyway, I don't believe the situation in Spain can't be so different than in the Netherlands, I will investigate another shops (maybe I went to the wrong one, but what amazes me is the situation, without original replacements, of the official dealer).

Thanks,

JP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.