Behringer KM750

interesting question?
is this amplifier quiet with regard to S/N ratio? or are you asking whether it has enough output?
it should be quiet with respect to ground loops it has Gnd Lift provisions but it has rca inputs so could be non isolatable....
for sub duty i look for way more wattage but i can be a fiend when it comes to bass.

Last edited:
I have not tried it with the subs yet as I am still building the boxes . But i did try it with my main fronts and the noise floor is low . I installed a Fan Mate fan controller and set it to low so the fan is a lot quieter. With out a fan mod it is too loud for Home Theater use.

I got 2 - 10WXv2 JL audio subs on sale 2 weeks ago . I was trying to decide if i wanted 2 -15inch subs for just theater or if I wanted them for audio also. So I decided on 10 inch sealed subs more for music and home theater second. I have a small room where I set up my theater. So the 10's will be ok for movies. The subs are only rated for 200w RMS 4 ohm . That is why I was looking at the KM750. But the INUKE NU1000 will have no problem keeping up.

You're right, I just looked at the KM1700!

I have been eyeing the KM1700 with great interest. It fits a need that I have for a 2-channel high power amp for a subwoofer application. It reminds me of the EP2500 (I own one) with similar power and class-H output stage.

I would like to see a pic of the inside of the KM1700 chassis. That would give some clues about the airflow. With two fans it seems that this might be a good candidate for a fan mod with "silent" type fans running at lower speed or the like. Given the history of jet-engine like fan noise from Behringer amps the fan mod would be critical for me. I might just buy one to find out...

I got 2 - 10WXv2 JL audio subs on sale 2 weeks ago . I was trying to decide if i wanted 2 -15inch subs for just theater or if I wanted them for audio also. So I decided on 10 inch sealed subs more for music and home theater second. I have a small room where I set up my theater. So the 10's will be ok for movies. The subs are only rated for 200w RMS 4 ohm . That is why I was looking at the KM750. But the INUKE NU1000 will have no problem keeping up.

Hey so would you be able to comment on your setup now that you've got it?

I am in the same situation. 2x 12" JBL W3v3 being powered by either the KM750 or INUKE 1000 for home theater applications.

Do you have any regrets with the INUKE? is 200 watts sufficient?

I am impressed with sound quality of KM750. It makes you want to play louder and louder.
Slightly hot treble is present, but sound is very clear and otherwise balanced

Hi thanks a lot.
It makes you want to play louder and louder
this sensation is very telling and very good. For me a good sound is like a good food ... you want more and more ...
By the way .... what about the fan noise ? is it an issue ?
i am seriously thinking about buying one and lowering the DC voltage to the fan with a small dc-dc step down converter to lower the spinning speed.
I will be using it at a fraction of its max power for most of the time.
I am undecided to take instead a fanless unit ... but this one is very very tempting. :D The price is a steal. :eek:

Last edited: