Behringer DCX2496 digital X-over

Hi Ergo,
re your proto schematic;- the two transistor circuits appear to be shunt regulators. Are the driver transistors transposed?

You have three passive lopass RC filters in the opamp version of the circuit. Before you complete your sound quality analysis, would you care to tease us with the RC time constants while we await the outcome and final schematic?

Ok, as my circuit works for third week without problems I suppose I can post the full schematic also.

Attachments

• schematic_full.png
    schematic_full.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,241
This is the actual measured output response from channels
1 and 2 - blue for bass C1= 47uF SilmicII
3 and 4 - red for mid C1=2,2uF film
5 and 6 - green for tweeter C1=2,2uF film

Note that the vertical division is 2dB total so actually @
20kHz the response is down only -0.2dB

Ergo

Attachments

• opamp mod output response.png
    opamp mod output response.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,058
Thmartin said:
Hi Stefano,

Unfortunately I haven't the schematics of the DSP8024, although I owned one in the past (replaced with a DEQ2496 now).

I reckon it should be a lot different from the DCX as is doesn't share the same DACs at all.

Now, back to the DCX2496 : I am working on a separate power supply for the analog stage of the DACs (5v analog) because I really do not like what Behringer has implemented there :dead:

Have a look at this : Power supply
(sorry about the french, when I have time I'll translate the whole site) :

Good luck,

Thierry

http://thierry-martin.9online.fr/tweakdcx/5Vdcx.gif

:bawling:

4.3v Zener and Vbe drop dont make 5V , it would make more like 3,6v... :smash:

Re: DCX2496 availability

mbroyles said:
Sorry for diverting the subject a bit here...but. What the heck is going on with the DCX and availability. I'm in the States and no major distributor I've found yet has any of these things to sell. A quick look at musiciansfriend.com made mention of units being available in MAY 2006!!!

I've recently committed to using a couple of these things in a sound install.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here and if there is a secret stash in some far flung location....:)

Thanks
MEB

You'll have to scoop them off ebay.

They may never be in production again. I've heard delivery dates change....at least 4 times now. How long has it been since they were easily available? well over 6 months now, more like a year.

I've tried to get a straight answer from Behringer (multiple times), and was told by the guy who is responsibe for answering that question..that he gets about 4-6 phone calls a day on the DCX2496. No straight answers and no delivery date. People ran out of anger on this one, long ago. We are now simply burnt out from the wait.

The product was ahead of it's time.

Re: DriveRack PA

sendler said:
No digital in, twice the price, and, doesn't sound quite as good. I sold mine when I got my DCX.

Please do not forget the DriverackPA essentially has (except for the digital in) features of the DCX and DEQ combined. I love the auto eq feature which flattens in room response. That's better value than the DCX alone.