Behringer crossover audiophile quality, bi/tri amping stereo speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewT said:
the web site is live.
I

I don't have any problem viewing the page in the original German, so from that point-of-view I know it's working okay.
When I tried to use Google and also Yahoo translation services that's when it didn't work and I got the message shown above.

Perhaps you would like to try http://translate.google.com and see if you can get it to translate.
Please let me know how you got on.

The biggest issue is understanding available driver properties (as well as box, port, etc.) and not passive-active or even DSP.

Passive speakers can be good (proac?) and also active too (orion?) but their designer have the tools, time, and experience to use them. In many case they hired PhD, or perhaps PhDs themselves (as in working in acoustic industry for loonng..loong time).

The benefit of DSP like the DCX is changing parameter at will. But the ear cannot be trusted. One must have measurement tools too. Fortunately they are easy to make..

(I can hear them Fullrange proponents laughing in the background...)

ps. I'm biased to op-amp + breadboard combo. Cheap and quick.

Re: Re: Re: Behringer crossover audiophile quality, bi/tri amping stereo speakers?

cirrus18 said:
I tried several times to translate your webpage http://www.dipolplus.de/frameset.htm into English using Google translate but got the following message instead of a translation ...

Any ideas how to get it to work?

Sorry, I wasn´t aware that the frame construction of my website would keep Google from translating. Probably I should get rid of those frames.
But may be you were not patient/ingenious enough. ;)

When I open www.dipolplus.de in Google translate, the menu frame on the left will be translated. The main window displays the error message.
With an additional mouse click on each of the 10 themes in the menu frame I get the appropriate translation in the main window.
Please let me know if it does not work for you that way.

Rudolf

gainphile said:
One must have measurement tools too. Fortunately they are easy to make..

Do you have two calibrate this microphone so as to get it to work accurately in programmes such as SpeakerWorks etc?
If it is necessary, I would be obliged if you could give us some information how to do it.

I already have, presumably reasonable quality microphone, which comes with my Denon AVR-3805. Perhaps I could use this instead. Any idea anybody?

I am not going to destroy my Q 55s as someone suggested here. I am only going to disconnect the passive crossovers, replacing them with a BEHRINGER one.
If it doesn't work satisfactorily nothing is lost.

Rudolf.
with your suggestions the translation worked. Many thanks

cirrus18 said:

I already have, presumably reasonable quality microphone, which comes with my Denon AVR-3805. Perhaps I could use this instead. Any idea anybody?

I think I may have answered my own question with this, which I found when searching the Internet.

D E N O N E L E C T R O N I C S ( U S A ) , L L C .

Specifications and Setup Procedure for Non-DENON Microphone Use for AVR-3805 Auto
Setup and Room EQ Function

Required Microphone Specifications for DENON Auto-Setup and Room EQ

· Element : Electric Condenser Microphone
· Polar Pattern : Omni-directional
· Sensitivity : -40 dBV (0dB = 1V/1Pa)
· Frequency Response : 20-20kHz Flat Response (Ex: BEHRINGER ECM-8000)

What I think from reading the above is that the microphone supplied with my Denon must also have a flat frequency response otherwise one could not just plug in the BEHRINGER ECM-8000 into the same microphone input socket and get them both to work properly.

Do you think I am correct with my supposition? I hope I am because I then won't have too buy/make anything extra.

cirrus18 said:
Do you have to calibrate this microphone so as to get it to work accurately in programmes such as SpeakerWorks etc?
I have access to some statistics of a German calibration service. The ECM 8000 is flat from 30-4000 Hz. Standard deviation from 26 samples was 0.5 dB at both ends, maximal deviation was 1.5 dB at both ends. At 10 kHz the ECM 8000 were off up to 6 dB (max dev) and 2.5 dB (std dev).
Generally you can expect Panasonic capsules (ECM8000, ECM40, MCE2000) to be flat (within 2 dB) from 50-5000 Hz.

with your suggestions the translation worked. Many thanks
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.