Beginner to build an Aleph30 needs some help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know it's to late,

but i say build the BZLS (BOSOZ) stock schematic.

there's something really sweet in it's simplicity, and resistors doing the work of all those extra CCS parts... :cool:

and when you run it balanced to balanced it really shines. even when it's converting unbalanced to balanced.

i really don't think it's an inferior preamp... and i'm looking forward to comparing it to my
incoming Pass Labs X2.5 :) :) :)

If you have your x2.5 i will be very interested in how it sounds for you compared to the Bosoz.
Because in past i think about buying a used X-preamp but think the difference to the old mosfet preamps is not so big, to spend so much money

Can anyone please point me to the relevant thread/s for BOSOZ build with x-ccs? Ive searched so many threads that only discuss it but dont have any detail?? Id tear my hair out if I had any...

Im really keen on the BOSOZ line amp after reading Nelsons article on it and now having seen ccs mods that I thought would be great to experiment with...

TIA guys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.