Beginner questions, acquiring full system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zia, whether you like it or not, you gonna end up being in the speaker business. Even if just to keep your wife from killing you.

You shoulda bought more.

dave

LOL! I am lucky that she appreciates most of my work (at least till now) :D; even has a listen with me every now and then, but I've also been given the look when I've gone raving about all the builds I plan to do... :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
LOL! I am lucky that she appreciates most of my work (at least till now) :D; even has a listen with me every now and then, but I've also been given the look when I've gone raving about all the builds I plan to do... :)

I always find it interesting that despite all of our many differences in language, culture, political or economic systems etc. that some things are always shared from place to place. "The look" - ahhhhhhhh yes. We all know what that means - no translation required!!!! :rolleyes:

I also found an amp in the basement, it has been forgotten there for at least 5 years.
I'll let it climatise for a few days (it's a humid and dusty cellar).
It is an JVC RX-230R. I could not find much about it, but I found a manual. It should be able to drive 4ohm at 30W. Here are the specs from the manuaL:
AfPTJ.png

If they are indeed real, this should be all right for a home cinema system I think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.