Battery to run small practice amp working but need help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Right... so it is centre tapped. Thats is the black wire. I was going off "the two red wires at the start :)

We have to start again... and its more difficult because it means you need two batteries to make this work, connected in series, and with the centre connection going to the chassis (zero volts). And this time these two batteries must be connected the correct way around.

We still need the voltage rating of the tranny to do it properly, measured between the red wires.

I just discovered this site, awesome!!! I happen to be doing the exact same thing with the exact same amplifier. I've been using an automotive DC to AC converter to power the amp and just found out today you can bypass the tranny. This will allow so many possibilities!!! Could you repost the link regarding which wires to connect the battery?

I'm using a Werker deep cycle 12v 14ah, with the converter (or is it inverter?) wasting the battery power I could run that 10watt amp for about 3hrs continuously, but now with the bypass modification how long would you estimate I could play that amp?

You guys are awesome by the way 💪😎👍

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.