• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Battery preamp, concurrent charging

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help, I need a genius here...

I want to be able to charge two batteries (7amp hour SLA) from one battery charger.
At the same time I have the two batteries in series to give me 24 volts.

I am also using 12 volts off of one of the batteries at the same time as well.

Is there a way of setting this up. I was thinking of using some diodes, I'm just not really sure how to do it.

(it's for a valve preamplifier) The 24Volt is the B+, the 12 is for the heaters (two e88cc's in series)

i am doing this right now.

i have the schematic drawn, but its on paper... yours is a bit simpler than mine, i use 5 12AH batteries for 12v charge and 60v playback.

i run them into a relay bank. the charger's transformer supplies the relays with power. so when you divert power from the charger to the batteries, they are wired as 60v, when the power feeds the charger, the batteries are wired at 12v, and the charger charges them. its very simple, but with 5 batteries, the wiring gets complex. you need a relay for every battery.

here is the schematic

Here is the schematic:

Attachments

• bat_srpp_pre.gif
    bat_srpp_pre.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 243
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.