Bass reflex design for PM6C?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I now realize that the Bicor 20 which I linked is a cabinet for the smaller 6" Lowthers.

All in all, I think you should throw the towel in the ring: there is no way that an 8" Lowther will be satisfactory in a small BR enclosure. Perhaps (remains to be seen) in an active bi-amped system with an extra woofer (though it won't be easy to get seamless integration).

For decent results, the key will be in balancing the overall response (you can use digital EQ if you play music from your computer or build a very simple passive circuit consisting of two parts). Try to hear a Lowther system first. The good ones are incredible at small ensembles, acoustic music etc. but not necessarily for rock and roll (in my limited experience).

That twice what I charge for plans. But then, they have a bigger audience.

Bob

well when you generally cater to the carriage trade, you can't afford to insult them with too low a sticker price

edit:

i.e. the clientele's need to be seen spending can be bigger than the understanding / appreciation of what they're getting (or not) - "ego-fi"

Last edited:
That twice what I charge for plans. But then, they have a bigger audience.

Bob

And, you do no build speaker drivers. Lowther does, and it's their primary source of income, and in that case I think that they should do everything to lure people, such as free plans (imagine that Fostex would charge for their plans).

I do believe that detailed plans are free when you buy Lowther drivers at the same time. It's when you already have them that you must pay. In any case, their tested plans are probably a good investment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.