Bass Guitar Headphone Amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jrziggy said:
Great thread - exactly what I'm looking to build. Jeremy, do you have a final schematic? I was confused by the last posted jpgs.

Thanks!

I ended up going down a completely different road and used an LM386 op amp. It work perfectly.
HERE is what I finally came up with. You may have to register to view it. I never did add an input for an ipod, but I would imagine that another input could be added easily.

Nothing like posting on a way dead thread, but I'm building basically the same headphone amp, and as a novice noob, have a dumb question.
Looking at the drawing at bottom of page 3 of this thread, where would you wire the led? At the top where it is labeled d1/rled? I'm thinking you would need a resistor there too, right?
Thanks for any help.
Greg

Ok, well I added the led and a resistor there. It works fine.
Trouble is I get distortion on all the lower notes. Not sure if its lousy headphones I'm using or maybe something in my build. I didn't use the capacitor between the buffer and the next stage, I will try adding that and see if it helps.

The Joyo or Amplug options kind of defeat the diy aspect of it though.
I've got it working, basically as the schematic shows, with the changes the other poster suggested. Only thing is all the lower frequencies throw it right into distortion. (I am playing a bass guitar through it). It sounds reasonably good for the higher notes, but the lower ones get pretty distorted. It would actually sound kind of good if it did it evenly across the frequencies (and if I knew what caused it so I had a way to make it clean too!) Lol.

Oh well, I'm happy I even get sound through it considering my extreme low level of knowledge of this stuff. Not that I'd turn any advice down if anyone knows how to make it a little better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.