• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Bartolucci: beware of him !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even amorphous are not that expensive.

Hitachi Metglas AMCC 400 Metglass 2 Pack | eBay

Could be even cheaper then this.
Btw a amcc400 is 2,8 kg, a heavy core

Only custom made, permalloy, amorphous and nanocrystalline may cost $150. Standard GOSS (grain oriented silicon steel) cores cost around $20 - $30 per transformer for size typical for audio output transformer.

Please forgive my naive question; why is it so difficult to obtain good transformers? They are pretty simple devices. As long as you use good materials and construction methods, you're there. I know some here wind their own.

Sorry mate, can't agree with you on this. You can build an OPT that generate sound but to sound good, it's a totally different story. :)

And thank you guys for sharing this information. Definitely raise a red flag. Will help to promote this to my fellow DIY mates. This is really shameful.

Last edited:
Flikoman,
why are you ordering transformers in Italy when you have a good winder in your country...
--> Sound Carrier in Zagreb (Mladen Krklec I think?)? Or are they out of business?

And very OT: when I see FIAT it reminds me of an old joke from my youth...
FIAT in german was broken down to "Fehler In Allen Teilen" (Faults in all parts) :D Sorry for that...

Sound Carrier (Mladen Krklec), yes. How do you know about him? :)

He makes very good transformers, but Fiat has much better material and coils, so, it is a nobrainer for me. I need them for GM-70 all DHT amp. I was thinking about Monolith Magnetics, but they are much more expensive.

Does anybody have Bartolucci - related experience from the past half-year ? Looks like he switched to ignoring..

Hi Misok, hi everyone,

As you know, I had problems with Bartolucci and I lost about 500 Euros in that story. I have a friend in France who's in the same position. My Bartolucci's pair of OPT was ordered and paid in September 2012 and I never received them!!!!

Actually, M. Bartolucci do not answer anymore to my email and my latest phone call. He's in a pretty bad financial position and I don't think I never see my money back.

Personnaly, I ordered in December and received my Tribute OPT quickly in January and I'm actually running the final adjustement on my PSE 300B. I'll report later but it seems that Tribute, at this low price for such a high quality, is a better alternative than Monolith Magnetics.

Have a good day,

Sébastien

Flikoman,
why are you ordering transformers in Italy when you have a good winder in your country...
--> Sound Carrier in Zagreb (Mladen Krklec I think?)? Or are they out of business?

And very OT: when I see FIAT it reminds me of an old joke from my youth...
FIAT in german was broken down to "Fehler In Allen Teilen" (Faults in all parts) :D Sorry for that...
In english it was " fix it again Tony" .

Status
Not open for further replies.