Bargain/Necessary Woodworking tools?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I call my orbital sander - 'angle grinder'

I call my belt sander - 'workshop race car'

I call my table saw - 'javelin launcher'

I call my scroll saw - 'waste of time saw'

I call my chop saw - 'keep cutting, you'll get it right soon saw'

I call my hand saw - 'nothing' I've never wanted to cut my hand.

I think I need a new project. :)

See, I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

I literally LOLed at "waste of time saw." You do know that you can create lovely little christmas decorations with one of those, right? Ok, I'm sure that you knew that.

My first speaker project in junior high school kept getting smaller and smaller as I tried over and over again to get the miter joints right. Best thing about the miter saw is that my bench legs are now square on both ends.

I'm going to have to make some sawdust this weekend just because I'm itching to try out the new router.

I threw together a 4 by 12 inch cabinet for a disco and made the volume pretty big to get decent bass.
Then I realised it wouldn't fit in the car so had to saw it down the middle to make 2 off 2 by 12 inch cabinets.
My jointing was terrible and I had to sand loads off to get it anywhere near square.
So I finished it off by covering it with cabinet cloth.

I also made a couple of cabinets out of veneered chip board. I put them in my trailer and as I unloaded it at a gig the rain started. The next time I came to use the cabinets they were sodden and just fell apart !

I just used a jig saw for my cabinets. Not the best of jobs but they worked. Only trouble with the jigsaw was the dust throw up in my face and on the line I was trying to follow.
Never mind I guess the sawdust is good roughage.

Last edited:
Only trouble with the jigsaw was the dust throw up in my face and on the line I was trying to follow.
Clamp a straightedge in place and you don't have to stick your nose down to see the line. Slow, but the cuts are nice and straight.
Never mind I guess the sawdust is good roughage.
Long before I heard the term 'fiber' it was roughage around our house. I roughage had to rebranded for the ladies to appreciate it, yes? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.