Bandor 50 SW8 modules measurement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What lobing there is on the 4 unit array is only noticable if you are close to the array and get above the height of the array. In other words, they are quite directional vertically. In which case, the HF tails off a bit.

The Jordan filter is to compensate for multiple units at mid frequencies and below, to stop the sound getting too tubby.

Jordan off-axis vs. Bandor

The Jordan drivers are usually better off-axis because of the rising response, as are a lot of other full-rangers. Are the Bandors similar in this respect, or are they better aimed at the listener?
I ask because one of the virtues (for me, anyway) of the Jordan array is the wide sweet spot when set up as recommended.

berm

Ribbons are significantly cleaner, down to 36dB or even more, performs well at low levels, have wide dispersion horizontally so highs are naturally very good, cheaper self made but much larger though. Easy to build with LR4 crossover - transformer inductance as a part of xo inductance leg. I still learn how make them good. Main problem is efficiency.

Daniela Manger is head of Manger-msw.de. They both share bending conception but Manger is a whole bending transducer, also has those mid frequency dips and I've got impression that both sounds somehow similar, especially imaging and little dark sounding.

I prefer Bandor because sounds is plastic, gentle and give me more pleasure. In room response is also more linear on mids. Jordan is a only a bit better on highs.

Is this a Type - 100SW/4A? Bass response looks good. How does it sound? Do you remember Bandora? In Poland they had a really good review - 8 years ago.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 320
Impedance plot for different VC connections:

Single
Fs = 25.92 Hz
Re = 7.20 ohms[dc]
Le = 1886.43 uH
L2 = 683.03 uH
R2 = 11.21 ohms
Qt = 0.70
Qes = 0.97
Qms = 2.48

Parallel
Fs = 25.75 Hz
Re = 3.97 ohms[dc]
Le = 1766.56 uH
L2 = 721.27 uH
R2 = 11.89 ohms
Qt = 0.43
Qes = 0.52
Qms = 2.45

Series
Fs = 25.72 Hz
Re = 16.28 ohms[dc]
Le = 7326.46 uH
L2 = 2802.40 uH
R2 = 46.48 ohms
Qt = 0.43
Qes = 0.53
Qms = 2.43

Attachments

• impedance_1.gif
    impedance_1.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 178
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.