Bad SUBWOOFER performance/A lot of air is trying to come out/thumps, PLEASE ADVISE...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think you'll find that a lot of PC sub systems tend to sound boomy. Logitechs tend to be the least boomy.

I've got a set of altec lansing 641, and the sub has 2 x 6.5" drivers in a ported enclosure. Goes down to 45hz with no problems at all, but damn they sound boomy...:smash:

The best set I've come across would be the logitech z680???
Something like that.

I've got the Logitech Z-340s. Great set I picked up for ~$35. Bass is tight and controlled (not boomy) but quite a bit of midbass comes from the bass module. Yes, removing the satellite covers opens up the soundstage. IMHO the only thing negative is the forward midrange that gets fatiguing after long sessions. For gaming, though, it's great!

jonz said:
You can pick up the Cyber Acoustics that sells for $100.00 at Future Shop for 5 to 10 bucks?? Show me where...

I don't know what you guys are talking about ..but for 100 buck sub for a pc....it's pretty good...boomy or no boomy ,that can all be adjusted by placement and software..

okay checked and the system posted is actually a higher end one.. sells for ~20$.

Just do a search on ebay for cyber acoustsics..

imo get logitech/klipsch/creative megaworks isntead.

btw room placement and software can only do so much. And if the sub doesnt go deep enough, its either going to sound boomy, or it wont be loud enough.

Sorry buddy..but you're wrong again....I checked out E-bay..its not the same model I posted...the model I posted has 110 watts..a lighted mouse for bass control.....and one big port on the side...I think none of you has actually listened to this particular "new" model...but have listened to the E-bay one....The model I have has an actual 10 inch subwoofer on it.....:whazzat:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.