Babysitter for Papa's Koan

Joined 2010
Paid Member
KISS.

If it is too hot to touch, cool it.

Then enjoy the music! :)

The issue is that an amp smoking components is not KISS... it is too KISS'd.

I'm taking measurements with the A2s now. They run hotter than the Sissy. For the time being I've solved taking meaurements on the heat sinks by coiling its wire and stuffing it, hanging by the bottom of the wire, in the heat sink "cavity". It works because I take measurements after allowing at least half an hour between measurements, thus allowing it to reach thermal stability.

@Zen Mod You damn right well I'm taking this seriously.... I take the longevity and reliability of components seriously. Besides I got a nagging flu so what else should I do? Indeed, I intend to submit a research paper on Thermionic Quantum Stable State Analysis Of Amplifier Architectures via Mechanical Structures and Flow Dynamics.... in the Journal of the American Academy for Rube Goldberg Research. With a full blown Abstract, Introduction, Presuppositions, Experimental Data, Analysis and Conclusion. With LOTS of graphs, tables and pictures.

Oh, how loud is your babysitter? I have not yet taken noise level measurements. I need another tool, I think!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user