Babelfish XJ , or JX …….. or whatever (Aleph X servo for Greedy Boyz)

I never thought I'd see so many resistors in an amplifier! LOL!

This is just a single channel but it looks pretty! :D
The boards have not yet been cleaned but soon...

Unfortunately, in my head I was thinking "I need to double that BoM", but for the output stage BoM I needed to quadruple the BoM... Then the inevitable arrived, Mouser and just about everyone else is out of the 1R5 3w resistor I bought... There was a boat load when I ordered but now... All gone.. I'm still getting 30 of them but will be missing 50. This will stall my projects for weeks... But at least I'll have a single channel running! :)

Ciao!
Do

2019-08-07 16.30.44.jpg

Last edited:
Coming along nicely..!

Resistors are mainly my preferred TAKMAN Metal Film, Some Vishay Dale, Some Vishay MRS25...

2019-08-08 18.58.48.jpg

@ZenMod
I'm trying to find some TAKMAN Metal Film 250K for R9 and R47 but can only find 220K and 270K. If the value is very critical, I'll keep the resistors I have in place and if I can get 220K or 270K without affecting the sound signature of the amp, please let me know.

:cheers:
Do

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
gain ratio is mainly set with 250K/15K

so you can go up and down with both values , trying to keep same ratio

so , 270K/16K ........ 220K/13K but - practically - not much difference in 250K/15K and 270K/15K , so go for it

though .... in amp of that size , with plenty other things more influential on final sound - I couldn't hear much of difference between plain metal films and fancy resistors

always take in account my life in Africa , spending time with elephants ; they're farting extremely powerful!

:clown:

LEDs- anodes are looking at R18 and GND ; decipher ......... (little dot is more like little c) :)

Last edited: