B1 with Korg Triode

Attachments

• BD0879A8-EEC1-4644-A4AC-E7CAEF331035.jpg
    BD0879A8-EEC1-4644-A4AC-E7CAEF331035.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 2,593
yes, thanks!! Does the notable need its own power supply? I don't see in Pass schematic?

B1 Triode need only one 24V smps brick.
You get two mono outputs. Korg Nutube is double triode in one package.
Just connect Your power supply (+) to the first 10R resistor of the filter and (-) to the ground.
Filter +F output and + R output connection to his corresponding +F and +R buffer circuit input(s).
Look at Papa schematic post # 1

would rather build my own power supply. doable ? just a 24v supply?

Try maybe smps at start point and focus build efforts on Korg buffer circuit
after that if Your B1Triode connected to amplifier are 100 % tested
yes is probably time for modifications ( maybe not ;) )
or other psu build to your taste so You can compare with first version imho.

Has anyone built the Pete Millet version? Can it be altered to use Jfets? Thanks!
Has anyone built the Pass version?

I have the Millet version and it sounds really good. Using my spectrum analyzer software I only see a very slight addition of 2nd harmonic. A very good preamplifier to give a SS amplifier some lovely flavor if you are looking for it. In the discussion of the circuit he does mention that J-fets can be used for buffers with just some resistor changes. How much it would help audibly is a subject for someone that builds both. I would expect that there would be a measurable difference. NP did some more improvements as well. I believe it was a cascode on the J-fets as well. Having no boards available will keep most from building NP design. When and if someone comes up with some boards I will build NP design.

Hi-your attachment is not working and it weird the post disappeared? Sorry I am not so skilled. plus/minus supply available and is there a way to build a balanced version? Aslo, does anyone have an idea when the PCB will be available? Thanks!
hi , i've some pcb in surplus for nutube project
DIY PCB headphone amplifier LME49600 | eBay

Attachments

• nutubefoto2.jpg
    nutubefoto2.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 2,664
  • korg pcb.jpg
    korg pcb.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,707