B1 Buffer Preamp

B-1

jUST GOT MY BOARDS TOADY-YEA-HAAAA-THANKS COLIN

I'M LOOKING AT THE BOARDS AND IT SEEMS THAT IF I'M NOT USING THE INPUT SWITCHING(NO DPDT) AND HAVE MY VOLUME CONTROL BEFORE THE BOARD (NO POTS) THAT IF I HARDWIRE "R1" (IN THE INPUT SWITCH AREA)) TO "W" AND "L1" TO ITS "W" (JUST BELOW C201) THAT I WILL EFFECTIVELY BE CONNECTING "IN RIGHT" TO THE JUNCTION OF R100 AND R102 AND"IN LEFT" TO THE JUNCTION OF R200 AND 202.
DOES ANYONE CONCUR WITH THIS ?
THANKS FOR YOUR OPINIONS
ROB

B-1 WITH APPOLOGIES

Sorry Nelson
I'll try it without all the enthusiasm-
If I don't use the DPDT or the Volume pots can I just jumper from R1 in the switch area to "W" and L1 to its "W" and effectively connect in/r100 to r102 and in/r200 to r202?
thanks for your time on the board
rob
also since you seem to be on do you have any problem with using two sets of parrallel outputs-ie 2 c101/r104/r105 combinations for two isolated outputs?
again thanks for your time

b-1 with apologies

sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry
about
that
r
everyones sooooooooooooooo sensitive-
Nelson I assume its too many hours stairing at boards, too much solder smoke and those damn little bands on the resistors, I guess you have an excuse, but marc?- I wrote the reply to the cap question before i saw nelson's - its friday lets be nice now!

I WANNA THANK...
Sorry... I wanna thank :D again Mr Pass for sharing this simple yet fulfilling buffer. I also wanna thank Portland Mike and MHouston who also shared with me simple preamps that I will soon try...simple enough that I could even understand how they work :)

Anyway, the thread is paying attention to distortion of the stage but I prefer to focus on PS noise, even if PSRR is good. My units are fed through gyrator based regulators, as I've commented before (I did not make the stock PS to compare), because it improved every circuit where I tried it (and I'm lazy to try another aproach).
Last week I implemented -ecdesign's- charge transfer power supply and B1 gained another level of transparency.

See post #2347, here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1682921&highlight=#post1682921

Next commes the DC coupled B1...

I hope this helps,
M

Hi Andrew
Yes they all coincide at the same point with 2 V RMS in/out, same as the previous set of results.

I intend on doing A/B listening tests to compare a 25k pot with a 100k pot, to see if any difference can be peceived by ear.
It might be a while though because I am still finishing my JLH, Naim clone, and F3 amps.

udailey said:

Gonna try a Lightspeed on a B1 when I get back from trip out to Minnesota and Michigan. See you guys in a few weeks.
Uriah

Have a safe trip to Michigan. We'll be driving up that way in early June for a family vacation.

Stella's always a solid choice -- very drinkable. I keep those or some Beck's in the woodshop. I keep the 60's 90's and Palo Santo in the upstairs fridge.

;)

sparky6 said:
Thanks Mr. Pass and everyone that helped me out. I added the B1 to my Goldpoint with p-p to make it fit. Amazingly, everything worked out on the first try- no smoke, no sparks! And dead quiet. It's been a few weeks already and I thought I'd share the pics I took along the way with you all. Awesome design, great sound. I've been listening to it ever since.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sparky64567/GoldpointB1Buffer?authkey=e8o6WR3IyqA&feat=directlink

Nice implementation. It looks really good!

sparky6 said:
Thanks Mr. Pass and everyone that helped me out. I added the B1 to my Goldpoint with p-p to make it fit. Amazingly, everything worked out on the first try- no smoke, no sparks! And dead quiet. It's been a few weeks already and I thought I'd share the pics I took along the way with you all. Awesome design, great sound. I've been listening to it ever since.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sparky64567/GoldpointB1Buffer?authkey=e8o6WR3IyqA&feat=directlink

Wow that is neat. Maybe you can set it up so you can use it as a passive attenuator or switch it over to the b1 buffer.