B1 Buffer Jfets alternatives question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have made another simulations and it gives lowest distortion at 2k4 load.Less than 10k load.Is multisim accurate?
And at 3v 1MHz 2k4 load THD 0,01 !

Attachments

• j212 2k4 load.jpg
    j212 2k4 load.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 280
  • j212 10k load.jpg
    j212 10k load.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
useful to learn , while using "less good" parts

but , stay aware that they never will do the job as proven ones

also , always take in account Rout and Rload (next stage) , while contemplating about construction and used parts ....... example - Borbely WCF implementation of "same sex" JFet buffer is better than regular "same sex" buffer only in cases when load is heavy , while with more sane (usual) loads , regular one is better measuring and sounding one

again , all parts are good if you use them in clever way .... but there is also fact - when I see 330R as nominal part of Rout , that's simply not in "swiss knife versatility" category, so - "use with care" label is needed

Hi Zenmod!
Because of my Papa is also smarter than their Nelson i could decrease R2 and R4 to 269R and make R6 100 ohms :D (R out is 1K at original B1 design as you know)
Yes 2sk170bl may be better (i am regretful that i sold hundreds of 2sk170 and no stock left.I have some hundreds of 2sj74 though,i am keeping them ) but difference seems not too much (at least on simulation) and this is mostly 2. harmonic.If there is no difference on blind test i can live with it.
Maybe you can send me some hundred of 2sk170bls( i heard you have ten thousands of them) as free gift :D

Attachments

• new b1.jpg
    new b1.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.