B in B out?

so I've been dealing with this noise from my stereo speakers for the past year and a half or so and I know i found one of the issues its in my crossover. It's a pioneer CD-635 that I picked up from a friend and a friend of mine soldered the wires on the harness for me but must not have got it quite right because when I was rewiring some things earlier I touched the ground wire at the harness and it cut off and on so there is a short somewhere. My question is on the inside where the harness plugs in it's labeled...gnd...acc...b in....b out.. not sure I know what b in and b out mean exactly. Thinking battery but Ive not seen that before I don't think(I'm by no means a professional) and what would the acc be? I know it stands for accessory so would that be a remote? This could explain a lot of my issues

Attachments

• IMG_20240404_005045.jpg
    IMG_20240404_005045.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20240404_005102.jpg
    IMG_20240404_005102.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 24
Do you have the original wiring harness?

'Short' would cause something like blowing fuses. Do you mean that it has an open circuit?

Did you pull the board to see if there were broken connections? These connectors are weak and often have broken connections.

Acc = constant 12v
B. in = remote turn-on from head unit
B. out = remote turn-on to amplifiers

I did finally find the answer for that question thank you.. I will finish hooking everything up tomorrow but I have a feeling the stupid noise will still be there. It's been there for about a year and a half. It's the first car(07 Scion TC)I've ever had this issue with. When you move the power mirrors you can hear them loudly through my speakers it's nuts . I don't move my mirrors that often no but I can hear the noise always it's just amplified when I move the mirrors .

That type of noise is common when there is a missing ground or a connection to ground at the wrong place (pinched cable, speaker wire...).

Is the system free of noise when the head unit is plugged directly into the amp (no crossover)?

If you unplug the RCA cables from the head unit and the crossover, what's the resistance between the RCA cable shields and the chassis ground?

I'm pretty sure the problem is the crossover with that ground issue but knowing my luck it won't be. I'm running 3 amps and I've heard conflicting stories about where to ground them. Some say ground everything separately but make sure it's a good connection and I've heard others say ground all to the same spot so I'm unclear on what to do. I have everything grounded to somewhere different. I'm not sure about the resistance my multimeter may have took a brief flight across the garage because it was a POS so I need another one. My friend across the street has one but he works so I never see him but I will tomorrow when he resolders my ground. When I looked at the solder joint it looks good so maybe it's the actual pin ya think?

The pin is nothing but a piece of formed wire. It can't be defective unless it's physically broken.

Car amplifiers have special input circuits that make it unimportant where you ground them. The only thing that's important is that there is no connection to ground for the input shield except the output shield of the previous piece of audio equipment.

If one of the amplifiers has a problem with its input circuit, it can cause noise in the other amps. Check for noise with the crossover bypassed with the head unit plugged into the amps, one at a time.

I will.. the reason I said something about the pin was because that's the wire I touched up by the harness and it made a pop noise.. then I tapped on it just to check and it popped repetitively so I figured if the solder looked good it could be the pin inside the harness but I will check that what you said tomorrow I appreciate it