Autoranger for soundcards

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The AutoRanger uses a multi-color LCD display from Newhaven: NHD-0216K1Z-NS(RGB)-FBW-REV1, available from Mouser and others. However, as it doesn't have a CE marking, distributors will sometimes not ship to consumers in the EU. This is a real pain, and I have ordered some for my own stock and will include one in each half-kit from now on, at-cost (€ 15). The half-kit price will thus be € 95 without the SilentSwitcher. Hope that this will take away some of your sourcing blues for EU users.

Attachments

• alert.PNG
    alert.PNG
    2.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Being in the UK and now out of the EU I thought I'd have no problem ordering the screen from mouser but alas for imports mouser still classes us as part of the EU, I sourced my display from digikey in the end no import restrictions.

On another note the Neutrik xlr manufacturer's part number NCJ6FA-H-0 does not seem to be available from anywhere with no restock dates at the moment. I have tried a selection of others but no dice, looks like I'll have to wait.

Joined 2013
Paid Member
I’m putting together my parts orders for a new build and am having a difficult time sourcing these two parts:

ADA4610-2ARZ-R7
LTC1968CMS8#PBF

I don’t seem to be alone in looking for these, so I won’t get my hopes up that they will magically appear anytime soon.

Are there any acceptable substitutes?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Not wanting to rain on your parade, but that version is no longer current.
Although you can re-use the enclosure, the display PCB and it's parts like the switches and display, and some parts on the attenuation PCB like the relays.
Basically what is needed is an newer version of the attenuator board and a new controller, which I can provide.

Jan

Joined 2013
Paid Member
Thanks Jan!

One more question: Looking through the build instructions I see the need to build a flat cable with some female connectors, but I don't see those materials listed on the BOM. Is it assumed that we have these things already, are they provided, or do I need to source these separately?

Thanks!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes, you are supposed to have them or source them.
I should have given some parts #s, let me see if i can find any.
But these are very common.

Edit: look OK, and are in stock at Mouser: 571-1658623-2 ; 517-D89114-0131HK ; 649-71600-414LF ; 629-CWR-227-14-0203
Everybody makes them it seems. I'll update the BOM.

Jan

Last edited: