Autocostuire Fenice 20a & hiss problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not looking to buy any right now. I still have sonic impact amps to modifiy. If I were to buy the fenice boards than I would use them to sell as amplifiers in a chassis and all. How much could I buy 5 boards for? The obbligato oil caps have the typical pio sound. The bass is more boomy and not as tight as the auricaps which is the only downside, but the midrange is just perfect. The treble is rolled off which is perfect for the T-amps since they are bright in the treble to being with. The dry obbligato caps I still have to purchase. I heard they are neutral all around. I should be getting some 2.2 uf Russian hybrid oil caps in pretty soon. I will see how those work out. I have tried out sonicaps, but have found them to be too bright in the treble and all most too much bass.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, the builder of the Fenice boards is Silicon Stream Solutions in Milan. I buy my boards from them. I think they like to retail thru Autocostruire.

I am trying to get a retail agreement for the boards, too. We shall see. The Fenci are good boards, well made, easy to modifiy.

Hi folks, I ordered my fenice 20a last week and it came along with questions. Also I noticed that there are caps missing on the board, so I sent a mail to Autocostruire ...

Ciao Alessandro,

I´m sorry to bother you again but:

Looking closer to my Fenice 20a I found that some capacitors are missing.
C7 and C8 seem to be desoldered - maybe alright, wonder why.
C27 and C28 obviously never were mounted. That seems to be a fault, as
their equals (C29, C30) on channel 2 are in their places. I don´t have a
guess why the output filters of channel 1 and 2 should be different.

I´m concerned about that and stow away my soldering iron again. If
everything should be fine that way though, I recommend to attach some
explaining notice to your lots. Be aware that not any of your customers
are electronics engineers, neither I am.

Cheers,

Gerhard

and got reply soon:

Hi Gerhard,
you can download the schematic from here http://www.autocostruire.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=261 .
The connections plane is printed on the silk screen of the board.
With regard to the missing capacitors, leave the designers and technicians to choose which capacitors value they have to install, do not worry. Plug in your soldering iron and enjoy.
If you have any trouble, ask me, and I will answer you by email.

Best regards

Alessandro Coppi

I´m glad to see that they are willing to help, but is there any lucid explaination?

So what: Do as Alessandro wrote or go and get some 1µF SMD Caps? Why the output filters of channel 1 and 2 should be different? :confused:

Hi Guys, Happy New Year x6 lol

I have dug out my Fenici 20 and its a shame not to be making use of it ;)

Can anyone advise on which PSU to use ? Can't remember if this is the one I last used with it. I'm completely dim when it comes to AC ~ DC stuff :confused:

12v ok ? 5amp enough ?

_DSC4391_zpscc326998.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.