• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AudioPower DPS-500-DA in GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I not comment but...I'm very corius to see this simple measure on other smps instead of..bla..bla..amazzing...sound.
regards

Please make one more test and show us the result:
step load tests of 200 mA to 10A 10/12ms timing and 1A to 20A. If the SMPS is not capable to supply 10 or 20A, just use max. current value and for the lower limit use 2% of the maximum value.
Use rectangular wave instead of sine wave to drive the amp. 80-100Hz.
connect the scope probes with 1:1 attenuation, scope AC coupled 50mV/div 5ms all filters OFF.
also, shunt all the series inductors from the smps board for a concludent result. probe connected directly on the output connector, the tip on the positive and the GND ring on the GND. Make sure the probes are at least 100MHz BW and calibrated.
Measure load voltage on channel B. set the scope on 2V/div probe 1:10 attenuation. Make sure the load impedance is constant and known so we can calculate the current.

that's it. for now. thank you.

Please make one more test and show us the result:
step load tests of 200 mA to 10A 10/12ms timing and 1A to 20A. If the SMPS is not capable to supply 10 or 20A, just use max. current value and for the lower limit use 2% of the maximum value.
Use rectangular wave instead of sine wave to drive the amp. 80-100Hz.
connect the scope probes with 1:1 attenuation, scope AC coupled 50mV/div 5ms all filters OFF.
also, shunt all the series inductors from the smps board for a concludent result. probe connected directly on the output connector, the tip on the positive and the GND ring on the GND. Make sure the probes are at least 100MHz BW and calibrated.
Measure load voltage on channel B. set the scope on 2V/div probe 1:10 attenuation. Make sure the load impedance is constant and known so we can calculate the current.

that's it. for now. thank you.

Cristi,

I am not looking to disappoint you either way, but I am sure that you have no idea about AP2 SMPS, nor how it works.

I wish if we could make things to go into the opposite direction, and if YOU show us ANY results about noise measures from your SMPS units like AP2.

Thats the only way to prove AP2 is wrong.

Thanks

Hi Do,
This can be given by the potentiometer which is also inserted on the (-IN), but does not worsen dramatically.
I agree for direct connection input for sure.

I recommend to Vis, change (removal of the pot), only after you've tried everything.
however, I will post a simple diagram for the jumpers to do.

Regards

Hi Do,
This can be given by the potentiometer which is also inserted on the (-IN), but does not worsen dramatically.
I agree for direct connection input for sure.

I recommend to Vis, change (removal of the pot), only after you've tried everything.
however, I will post a simple diagram for the jumpers to do.

Regards

Where's my post gone?

Do

Accessories/Spedition/Prices GB 04/2014

Hi,
Ref to my last pics,the DPS-500-DA/FO have the GB price 135€

Heatsink 80x40x38 magnesium powder, drilled/ready €6
Bottom panel 3mm thick, brushed, drilled. €6
Heatsink+"L" bracket €8
Bottom panel +"L" Bracket €8
-----------------------------------
DPS-500-DA/45 to 52V (Standard,include Heatsink,voltage custom.) €115
----------------------------------
UPS fast package 30€ (up to 2Kg) Out CE Country
UPS fast package 25€ (up to 2Kg) CE Country
---------------------------------
Availability 15/04/2014 24pz. /FO : 48pz Standard

One module inlcudes all connectors,screws,spacers.

The best I can offer :)

Nice day at all.

GB List for LC's First One amplifier

danny_66 2x DPS-500-DA/FO with Nichicon caps
pinnocchio 2x DPS-500-DA/FO with Nichicon caps
Eric06 2x DPS-500-DA/FO with Bottom panel +"L" Bracket

I kind of understand that the /FO version comes always with Nichicon caps.

By the way Roberto could you remind us what are the differences between the 2 versions and perhaps edit your first post with all the relevant infos to this GB (photos, pricing, features, ....) that are presently scattered in various posts.

danny_66 2x DPS-500-DA/FO with Nichicon caps
Catal 2x DPS-500-DA/FO with Nichicon caps
Jokari69 2x DPS-500-DA/FO with Nichicon caps

Thanks,
Joris

Hi Guys,

Last decision, mount the power unit cover special green, in line with new products AudioPower (Shop need updates for all products).
Some may require the matte black.

DPS-500-DA-FO
This version is recommended the frame. This makes it easy to mount inside the case, and has been well tested in all respects, certainly offering a professional solution.
then chose DPS-500-DA/FO / with frame.
If you already have a panel thickness 3mm at bottom of the case.
then chose DPS-500-DA/FO / with brackets
-------------------------
Well,first photo...the pieces of iron sent to LC...:D
INFO:
I 've accepted good call "FO" x First One amp , but honestly , this version has no special tricks to FO , features, as you have seen in some measures, are perfect for class AB amplifiers , really I want anyone also try the standard "DA" in the range of 45V to 56V , a new way of listening without doubt. especially in classic music, where the big caps fails.

The standard version includes the heat sink , and is ready to work with amps (two x side mosfet ) .
Also now, use the new ultra-compact ELNA snap-in at output 2200uF63V.

Regards

Roberto

Attachments

• DPS-500-FO.png
    DPS-500-FO.png
    940.4 KB · Views: 274
  • DPS-500-FO-Rear.jpg
    DPS-500-FO-Rear.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Frame-1.jpg
    Frame-1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Hi Roberto,

Is a heatsink needed when I order the DPS-500-DA/FO / with frame ?

Not need. chose brackets (it includes M4 inox screew,complete as in photo),if you have already the bottom panel 3mm in your case.
at end, "FO" not use heatsink as standard.
As Nichicon includes the "FO" version.

I waited your response with your loudspeaker.. :)

Last edited:

danny_66 2x DPS-500-DA/FO / with frame
Catal 2x DPS-500-DA/FO with Nichicon caps
Jokari69 2x DPS-500-DA/FO / with frame

Updated "with frame"

I waited your response with your loudspeaker.. :)
Me too :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.