Audiobahn 34"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to know how this rediculous thing sounds for $3630 CAD. I mean it's Fostex and it's crazy expensive so it has to be good, right?
Well....

It has a very weak motor and low Xmax, so it could only be used for IB or dipole on low level output. It's also very difficult to make such large membrames stiff enough (it's already hard to do so with an 18").

I wouldn't want to use it for bass and since it will probably beam like a laser above 500 Hz I wouldn't want to use it for mid or high either. Maybe could use it as an passive radiator tho :idea:

Mvg Johan

simon5 said:
A Parthenon is quite efficient and 12 Avalanche 18" will be quite efficient also! :)

Not that hard to amplify, unless you really want maximum SPL...

True. IB'ed for either one wouldn't require massive amplification for decent output. Or any other setup for that matter.

I'd be happy with 4 Avalanche 18's though hehe.. and you get free baskets. Of which I have yet to see on a Parthenon.

right now I am playing with a FW800 from Fostex and I ahve to say that I have never heared anything like that befor.

I thought a 18" or 21" could replay bass but if you once heared a 31" you dont want anything else.

Attachments

• 1461.jpg
    1461.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,074
Hi

it is not a real OB. It is a wall that I have placed in a corner of a room. The volume behind the FW800 is 2200liter.

I think that I will reduce the volume to 1500ltr and seal the volume complete up. Right now it is just a test.

regards Till

Attachments

• 80er_09.jpg
    80er_09.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 743
Till, what do the people in the building behind the speaker say?:D

If I had the money, I'd sure like to try that driver in open baffle.

Safety note: the first time you step on a woodscrew that someone unknowingly dropped, you'll wish you had shoes on while you're working. Trust me, I know this the hard way.

thay are speachless and enjoy my music. :)

but serously since I have the 31" I hear very muted because also there you have enough bass and you dont want to turn the musik up. It is a class for it.

Safety note: the first time you step on a woodscrew that someone unknowingly dropped, you'll wish you had shoes on while you're working. Trust me, I know this the hard way.

Yeah I know that too but I hate wearing shoes in my apartment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.