• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Audio SMPS units for sale

Ok I was just asking because I read in your data sheet about bus pumping. Do they not use mosfets as well? I was told they can handle the bus pumping because the mosfets can sink current.

So if I want to power a mono 1200w class D amplifier, will I need an extra cap bank to eliminate supply pumping?

Ok I was just asking because I read in your data sheet about bus pumping. Do they not use mosfets as well? I was told they can handle the bus pumping because the mosfets can sink current.

So if I want to power a mono 1200w class D amplifier, will I need an extra cap bank to eliminate supply pumping?
Use the COBRA-S1 SMPS.

Is this for purifi amplifiers?

Thanks

I would like to use a single supply for all 3 modules. The woofer amp will draw the most current by far. So swapping polarity won’t balance the load. So is the cobra the same thing as the SMPS1k-PFCR2, only with fancy Mundorf caps?
Yes, the COBRA-S1 will give you exceptional sonics with the MUNDORF capacitors. Also comes with the standard ELNA, NICHICON if you like.
In addition to that, it has the extra capacitors on the same PCB, no additional wires are needed.
I will send you all connectors + Splitter PCBs for free if you decide one day.

Hello Sami,
I was at your storefront and didn't see a contact email. I'm new to the DIY and this forum. Hello! I am looking at doing a Starkrimson Ultra build. The Hypex SMPS1200A100 are offered by Leo on the site when you buy the Starkrimson modules, but they are kind of overpriced (not to mention he told me in an email he's waiting on a shipment from Hypex). He told me that he had one client using your SMPS1K-PFCR2 successfully. I was at the website looking at it and also at the Cobra1 with the Mundorf caps. Would you provide me with an email so I could contact you with some questions!
Thanks!!

Hello Sami,
I was at your storefront and didn't see a contact email. I'm new to the DIY and this forum. Hello! I am looking at doing a Starkrimson Ultra build. The Hypex SMPS1200A100 are offered by Leo on the site when you buy the Starkrimson modules, but they are kind of overpriced (not to mention he told me in an email he's waiting on a shipment from Hypex). He told me that he had one client using your SMPS1K-PFCR2 successfully. I was at the website looking at it and also at the Cobra1 with the Mundorf caps. Would you provide me with an email so I could contact you with some questions!
Thanks!!
PM sent

Pre-release for the COBRA-S2 SMPS.

That supports two DC outputs & dual AUX outputs targetting the stereo setups with dual buffer boards.

The dual output eliminates the need for any splitter PCBs for seamless integration with Purifi amplifiers and other amplifiers.

Also, it has 40000uF of capacitance on board.

Attachments

• COBRAS2.png
    COBRAS2.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: 4 users