• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Research SP9 Circuit Diagram HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Brett,

Ive thought about building allen wrights pre, need to buy the book first dont you? Ive read a few good things about his rtp3c.
Nope, I've bought it but built from the schematic.
It seems wrong to use transformers in a preamp, surely you can do as well if not better without this added expense?
Wrong, why? They work well, sound better than caps and give galanic isolation. Sure they can be a bit exxy, but so can caps and the RTP3 linestage is a difficult and potentially expensive build with 5 envelopes/channel. I preferred a similar line stage to what I suggested above to the RTP. Allen will no doubt disagree, but I've built both.

Trying not to drag up such an old thread but I was looking in the schematics, specifically in the power-supply section in regards to voltage change.

Is there dual taps for both 50 and 60Hz voltage frequencies? What about going from a 110volt country to a 220volt. I have my SP-9 maybe being sent here to me here in Germany from Canada and wonder if this will work, or a step down transformer may.

thx
Shamus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.