Audio Note Kaisei capacitors

I use the K40 & K42 as well but the same value is about 10 times larger than a Vishay, if you are bypassing underneath a PC board sometimes you don't have room for those monsters. They are indeed very organic & I put them on both pair of Monitor Audio speakers I own. I used some of the Teflon Russian's but don't like them as much.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have dual bridge soft recovery Quaismodo snubbed EI core with ESL shield transformers with 600,000 uf Nichicon then 2 mh chokes then 8 Blackgate 10,000 uf / 63 V FK and 4 of Blackgate 2,200uf /100V N in dual mono SS 100 watt MosFet Class A power amp driving Martin Logan CLX electrostatics with upgraded crossovers. It’s very, very good and yes too, too expensive……. Or buy your wife a very nice purse

I have dual bridge soft recovery Quaismodo snubbed EI core with ESL shield transformers with 600,000 uf Nichicon then 2 mh chokes then 8 Blackgate 10,000 uf / 63 V FK and 4 of Blackgate 2,200uf /100V N in dual mono SS 100 watt MosFet Class A power amp driving Martin Logan CLX electrostatics with upgraded crossovers. It’s very, very good and yes too, too expensive……. Or buy your wife a very nice purse
Since when 10,000 uf is available from BG

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Last edited:
Not rich. Just trying to make sure it all gets used before I check out. Want it to be a sad day for EVERYBODY!😝
Seriously, though, I am just trying to figure out if it's really worth it to spend so much on PS caps. Is there a significant improvement on the less expensive spread?
Thanks for the Nichicon tip. I'm checking out the stats. There's so much stuff you're bound to miss something.

Many people spend many thousands on changing equipment, so £50 or £100 on a cap is 'small change' BUT I soon realised there are lots of caps, lots of cable, heat shrink, solder, tips, foil, adhesive and I soon realised it's not only the expensive items that add up :oops:

Still worth it but my immaterial 'dabbling' always seems to be £250+ every month, Farnell, RS, HiFi Collective, Digikey, Screwfix, etc, etc

The pain is the running in before final judgement, if its a valve amp, the cost of a bunch of expensive GEC's burning is a real thought !

Reactions: 1 user